Jezebel

Bbefore I ever owned a computer I talked a computer salesman, an honest one! He said that in fact I would not save very much time over my normal system.

I also like to see the drawing full size. It is amazing how a slight change to an angle or curve can transform a non scale design.

I quite enjoy drawing and these days I have to actually complete the drawing before building, otherwise I may never complete the drawing. Then I only have minor corrections to make.

I can promise you that there will never be another Bellanca Tri Motor. Once bitten twice shy and anyway I have done it albeit unsuccessefully.

The Gee Bees don't appeal except the Model E and D.

I have Heenry Haffkes book on the Gee Bees.

Now I have the two Robert Hirsch books on Goodyear and Formula 1 racers I have 3 views to inspire me for the next 10 years. 70plus in each book with photos.

Admittedly I stretch the wings and slim the fuselages a bit or they would be little monsters but they are fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Advert

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

had a long time from building as i broke my arm angry 2 tried a little building a while ago but just to much made my arm ache face 17

well iam going to have another go and peters jezebel will fit the bill !!!

i had built the wings but had a leak in the workshop so will have to do them again . the spec will be as above and should take me about 2 weeks will start on monday

the maiden should be at the end of January watch this space clock

I see the plane is in this months RCM@E anybody thinking of a build

Hi Peter

Just finished perusing the Jezabel plan and article in the mag.....it's a perfect size for 4s power, so buildings begins tomorrow I guess....

This is going to look good at our patch!....not sure on colours yet, but won't jazz it up cus it looks pretty retro...

May go down the scale route instead being it's based on an actual racer.....choices! Choices!

Hi Peter ,

I got the Mag today and just had a quick look over it .

It looks a nice build , So when the weather gets warm enough to work in the loft i shall give it ago i have all the gear to go in it after all .

I read that it is fast thumbs up great that is just my style , you mentioned that a .32 would be over kill for it ,

So i have a Magnum .25 which is a good runner but not a high performer . Also a OS fp .25 , OS fp .20 .

Or even a OS .26 fs .

Which do you think would best suite .

Also is it just my plan or is there two F7 .

Cheers Steve

Posted by Paul Marsh on 17/01/2015 10:28:31:

I'll repeat the question...

Is there a CNC pack for the plan, or plan to bring one out - mainly the ribs?

It is no good asking here. We don't know. That will be decided by the company.

Ayway, simple way to do the ribs. Spray them with spraymount adhesive and stick them don=wn on the wood and cut them out. You can photocopy them but do check that the photocopies have not distorted them at all.

I find the easy way to transfer part from the plan , is to trace them , or if you do not have tracing paper just use thin A4 paper by holding the plan up to the window and placing the A4 sheet over the part you want to trace Easy .

Or you could do what i have , and make a large light box , four sides a bottom two tube lights and a Perspex cover .

Cut out part and fix to wood with spray mount, cutting out parts is not that hard and trust me you do not have to be that accurate .

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 17/01/2015 17:08:07