Jezebel

Advert

Posted by Stephen Jones on 24/01/2015 20:18:38:

I am of the opinion that putting servos in the wings will reduce the roll rate , as there is more weight on the wings as opposed to one servo placed in the centre of spin so the ailerons have less weight to lift.

I could be wrong of course .

Steve

I definitely agree.. Take a wing, any wing. Hold it in the middle and rotate as if rolling. Now add a lump of modelling clay out towards the tip and try again. It is harder to startbthe roll and much harder to stop precisely.

AS for setting up. WEll, I find it is more complicated building the model for two servos.

Still, If you like it it with two servos go ahead. Your choice! I have used both methods and know which I prefer.

Posted by Peter Miller on 25/01/2015 08:31:33:
Posted by Stephen Jones on 24/01/2015 20:18:38:

I am of the opinion that putting servos in the wings will reduce the roll rate , as there is more weight on the wings as opposed to one servo placed in the centre of spin so the ailerons have less weight to lift.

I could be wrong of course .

Steve

I definitely agree.. Take a wing, any wing. Hold it in the middle and rotate as if rolling. Now add a lump of modelling clay out towards the tip and try again. It is harder to startbthe roll and much harder to stop precisely.

AS for setting up. WEll, I find it is more complicated building the model for two servos.

Still, If you like it it with two servos go ahead. Your choice! I have used both methods and know which I prefer.

If bell cranks run the risk of having too much slop if not done correctly, has anyone built a wing with one central servo and using snakes for the push rods?

I did a kit review many years ago. The model had a foam wing with bowden cable from the servo to the ailerons.

I felt that there was far too much friction inthe control run due to the bend in the cable.

There is no need for slop on bellcranks. Just drill out the holes with the correct size if drill and if you do not have an exact size of drill, use the actual size of wire that will be going through the hole to ream it out to size

Edited By Peter Miller on 25/01/2015 08:55:03

The computer kept auto correcting, and moving the curser round the screen, as the mouse was moving.and filling in the text. Also the first submit never worked and had to type it out again, and got annoyed.

In the end used the letters I made. Not that happy, but will do for now. Used Solarfilm sticky stuff.

Anyway, this is where it's at:

2015-02-02 18.07.53.jpg

2015-02-02 18.09.02.jpg

BeE WARNED. Put a big whte panel under one wing. A dark model under a dark or even cloudy sky is so easy to get disoriented.

THis was brought home to me the Sunday before last. A 1/2 mile walk across a very muddy sticky clay field including down into a deep (For Suffolk) valley, up the other side to a small wood to retrieve the wreckage and then walk back. Yes, I chose gthe wrong model, luckily an old and well flown won but one of my favourites, Little Bandit.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED