Another workshop / garage / man cave thread

Advert

Posted by Steve_Wright on 23/07/2014 21:21:35:

want it done by end of september in time for cider making. Lorry driver clouted it with the crane jib & cracked it 1/2 way up, council came out & cut it off as it was very unsafe.

Oops.... I suspect the council will seek to "recharge" the cost of making safe/repairing to whoever damaged it.....  Wouldn't like to be in his shoes.......crying

Edited By Craig Carr on 24/07/2014 19:41:55

Posted by Craig Carr on 24/07/2014 19:40:37:
Posted by Steve_Wright on 23/07/2014 21:21:35:

want it done by end of september in time for cider making. Lorry driver clouted it with the crane jib & cracked it 1/2 way up, council came out & cut it off as it was very unsafe.

Oops.... I suspect the council will seek to "recharge" the cost of making safe/repairing to whoever damaged it..... Wouldn't like to be in his shoes.......crying

Edited By Craig Carr on 24/07/2014 19:41:55

Would sooner be in his shoes than stood behind him surprise nice shed Steveyes

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Builders are rubbish, various excuses but finally turned up to do the roof last week. Plan to be water tight by next weekend.

Anyway, workbench time. No I am rubbish at building stuff so it will be a bought in one (stop yer muttings back there) Looking for steel bases with draws & cabinets that will take a 50mm or so thick worktop, think I have 3.8 metres to fill up, so maybe 3 or 4 base units whith the top bolted to them. I like to get my legs under the bench so I can work sat in a chair.

Anyone got any suggestions for the cabinets to use? Looking on ebay at the moment.

Really needs to be steel or heavy duty wood. Will get axles & gearboxes chucked ontop as well as model stuff, think kitchen units will not take the abuse. Steel is easier to keep clean also. Currently have all the roof trusses up & most of 1 gable end built up, hopefully all brickwork will be done by wednesday.

oh yes, planning was fun! Despite being the same size as the neighbours garage they complained about the size

Could have built the garage another .5m higher but decided on current height, I am 6ft4 and cannot touch the cross beams in the trusses. Have to work out the best way to store planes in the roof space

Posted by Steve_Wright on 11/11/2014 16:57:38:

Could have built the garage another .5m higher but decided on current height, I am 6ft4 and cannot touch the cross beams in the trusses. Have to work out the best way to store planes in the roof space

Buy a small step? No, not taking the p very useful. We had one as a wedding present by Brabantia. Has lasted years. Cannot find them anymore but these are about the same

Edited By cymaz on 11/11/2014 17:21:46