servo splines, what makes are compatible

Shaunie

I am in the process of sorting out my servo collection and bags of servo arms.

The servos are easily identifiable of course but the arms are a different matter. Does anyone have a list of what brands are interchangeable?

So far it seems that Futaba and Fleet (remember them?) are compatible also Hi-Tec and some cheap servos branded X-Tec that I have. Spektrum and JR are also compatible as far as I can see.

The trouble is I have some I really can't identify at all.

I suppose I should have marked the bags when they were new!

Shaunie.

Advert

Posted by Shaunie on 05/08/2014 22:37:35:

I am in the process of sorting out my servo collection and bags of servo arms.

I suppose I should have marked the bags when they were new!

Hands up anyone who hasn't got a box of anonymous servo arms.....!teeth 2

When you've done, Shaunie, I'll send you mine....thumbs up

Pete

ps I have learnt my lesson and meticulously label the little bags now...too late for a couple of hundred parts though...embarrassed

Slightly of subject,sorry. I used to love Hitec servo`s but the spline pattern would drive me crazy.i think I was told by a shop owner the spline count was even so you would not get many fine adjustments.at the time I was flying heli`s so getting 90 deg with out trim was important.stopped using hitec for that reason.might have changed now?

Stevo

When I restarted modelling, essentially when this forum started, I broke a servo arm or lost one. At that time, I did not have another and was so surprised that I could not buy spares. I was told by retailers it is just not worth it, just buy another servo, it is the cheapest option.

Today, I have found that they breed like rabbits, I have literally hundreds of them, some in packets, many others loose, so many servo securing screws, all different, yet i essentially use 9g types and the occasional 5g.

As to sorting them out, it would be like cleaning the stables of Augean.