Rawle Aviation

Just want to say and hope I'm not tempting fate here, but a big thumbs up to the mod for letting this run. The other forum has pulled it.

I've just had an order cancelled on me after waiting 8 weeks, They are a reputable shop (Pegasus), they didn't take any money from card, but it would still have been nice if they'd answered their emails.

I think all we want is to know whats going on, its when you feel you're screaming into a black hole that gets your blood up.

Andy

Edited By Andy Green on 06/08/2014 17:14:26

Advert

Lee,

I hope it all comes good in the end mate, you have every right to be angry.

I know it shouldn't be an issue and he should have supplied what was ordered or refunded what is owed but maybe it is worth sending him a money request via Paypal for the amount and any hidden extras that may be added by Paypal. Let him know what you have done, a least you have got extra ammo if you do take it further.

Rich

I would advise you to send him an e-mail saying if you do not receive the goods or a refund by next week you will be taking action through the small claims court on that date. Check the small claims procedure first so you are aware of the right way to procede. Dont let anyone get away with it!

Posted by Andy Green on 06/08/2014 17:14:09:

Just want to say and hope I'm not tempting fate here, but a big thumbs up to the mod for letting this run. The other forum has pulled it.

Well, thank you for your "thanks" Andy - but they are quite unearned I'm afraid!

The mods on here pull threads for one reason only - they break the rules. If a thread doesn't break the rules it stands.

The rules governing consumer complaints and issues and how they can be aired on here are laid out clearly here. These specific rules are of course in addition to the standard T&C's and CoC you can links to at the bottom of each thread page just below the posting box.

Obviously we keep a very careful eye on threads such as this, but as up to now no rules have been broken - there is no reason to pull the thread.

BEB

Lee, I can't understand people making excuses for the guy. Simples... you get paid money you deliver your service end of story no excuses. If I had paid money for goods not received even after 2 weeks let alone 2 month I would be blooming cross.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 06/08/2014 21:37:48

Lol yep too soon beb, to be fair Adrian i was a bit taken aback, it is not like i only waited a week, and yet i was being unreasonable!!!! I was almost lost for words �� yes it is only 20 quid but that is not the issue, i am a very principled man and it is that that offends me the most! We are all modellers here and i would never treat a fellow modeller in such a way without a very very good reason, the only text i have had of Richard just a few days ago, mentioned that he only does this to help modellers out...like he was doing me a favour!!! Well i am sorry but if you take someone's money and don't supply them with anything that's a favour i can do without!!

Well I hope it's sorted soon, I have recently been aware of the risk if using the gift payment option on pp as you stand no chance of a refund.

as a result, I personally would never use this option on any purchase, but we are only human and we make mistakes in life, we live, we learn.... Hope you get it sorted lee.

I agree with you Lee , if he's that slow , then he should make it perfectly clear on initial contact that the order will take some time to fulfill , then at least the paying customer has an option wether or not to proceed with the transaction .If he has agreed to a refund via paypal , then I cant see what excuse he can give for not doing so , as you say it only takes a few minutes to do.

I am like you Lee , if I sell anything I cant rest until its packed up and shipped out , and as you say its not the £20 , its the principle of the matter which boils the blood .

Cottage industry or not, if you offer an item for sale you are entering into a contract - it might only be a 'gentleman's agreement' but to me that is still binding. As John has said, if it's made clear before any money changes hands that the item could take months to produce then fair enough, otherwise I think it's fair to expect delivery within a couple of weeks max.. If delivery is expected to take more than this then at most only a deposit should change hands as a sign of good faith.

Unless the guy has been on his deathbed in hospital for the last two months then he has NO excuse for not supplying the goods, refunding Lee, or coming to an agreement regarding delayed delivery.

Small claims courtthumbs up

Rob, to say it is just a temper tantrum is by definition childish, when you have gone down almost every avenue and given the party every opportunity to put things right, you are then left with not that many options, Police as discovered do not want to know, trading standards as he is not a registered Business (or not one they could find) also did not want to know, so what options are you left with?? As the modelling fraternity is quite a small one then some leverage can be gained by publicly complaining (as distasteful as that is) on forum like this, it hopefully serves two purposes, maybe someone who knows him can exert some influence and also warns others to be very cautious when dealing with said person or business, what do you want us to do rob , keep quite and accept the loss of money? if you were warned off a company that you were just going to spend a lot of money with, would you call that a temper tantrum, or good cautious advice, can you also point me to any of my posts or emails to Richard where i had a tantrum?? considering the delay i think you will find i was quite restrained (which will come as a shock to some on here) as for only one complaint i think you need to ask around the scale fraternity, subsequent to placing my order with Richard i have spoken to quite a few people and responses have ranged from "ooo he is slow" to "dont go near him with a bargepole" so now you know about RA Rob please feel free to use him ....just don't say we did not warn you!! and by the way i have been in the hobby for 25 years so i know good service in the industry when i see it.

Anyway on a lighter note, today i received a refund from said person, can i thank anyone who may have helped sort this for me, 9 you know who you are) as much as i did not want to come on here and air dirty laundry, it has sorted the issue out for me, so it seems job done, can i also say that i really do not want to put one man bands off from trying to produce one off items that might be of real use to us modellers, but i do have some simple advice.

1. yes you probably already have another proper job, so if it is going to take some time to do the job, please warn us in advance, we can then either accept this or not

2. keep in contact, dont just ignore emails texts and phone calls, you may find us very patient if you explain the delay

3. if it all goes wrong, please refund us as promptly as we paid you, these days there really is no excuse

thanks all for you input sensible and silly

I understand your anger and frustration Lee. If your remarks seem immoderate to some, it's only because they can judge the situation in the cold light of day and it doesn't affect them directly, as it does you. In these situations it's often better to wait for a day or two before venting one's spleen, so that comments can be objective and reasonable, but we all get wound up at times, especially when it seems impossible to get any action. I'm glad to hear you got your money back.

Edited By Prop Nut on 07/08/2014 09:34:11

Posted by Prop Nut on 07/08/2014 09:32:56:

I understand your anger and frustration Lee. If your remarks seem immoderate to some, it's only because they can judge the situation in the cold light of day and it doesn't affect them directly, as it does you. In these situations it's often better to wait for a day or two before venting one's spleen, so that comments can be objective and reasonable, but we all get wound up at times, especially when it seems impossible to get any action. I'm glad to hear you got your money back.

Edited By Prop Nut on 07/08/2014 09:34:11

A day or two!!!!!! prop nut did you miss the bit where i have mentioned two months!!!!!!!!! dont know

Posted by The Wright Stuff on 07/08/2014 09:36:57:

Lee, your communication to the seller appears to have been very diplomatic. Glad it was sorted. Was he aware of this thread, or would he have refunded you anyway?

no idea mate but i suspect someone raised it, it seems weird that only a day or two after starting the thread was i refunded,,, why should it take such steps ????

Posted by Matt Jones on 06/08/2014 21:56:49:
BEB, reference your comment about why threads get pulled, can you PM me why one of mine was removed a month or so back?

Matt, we always happy to explain our actions in private via a PM - but you have to appreciate that we deal with many issues, some large, many small. So a single thread a month ago is not likely to be at the forefront of my mind!

If you PM me with the details of the thread you are referring to I would be happy to look into it and get back to you.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/08/2014 10:21:09

Posted by Lee Smalley on 07/08/2014 10:15:01:
Posted by The Wright Stuff on 07/08/2014 09:36:57:

Lee, your communication to the seller appears to have been very diplomatic. Glad it was sorted. Was he aware of this thread, or would he have refunded you anyway?

no idea mate but i suspect someone raised it, it seems weird that only a day or two after starting the thread was i refunded,,, why should it take such steps ????

It may well not be down to this forum but maybe the refund was processed at his earliest opportunity. Glad the refund was sorted out.