New Ultra Micro B-17!

What about a mass launch with as many B-17's as possible at next years' Greenacres? Imaging having 20 of them in the air, with a few Spam Cans to protect the formation?

That's it, I'm going to ask for next year who would be going to take either the B-17 UMX and P-51 UMX and get a mass launch. It will be done - get them all in the air, although I can only fly one at once.

Right oh, just made this to get the spirit - also 2015 will be 70th anniversary of the end of WWII.

I'll organize a group and a slot for next year. Will start a new thread when the model is released. Will buy two, one for everyday use and another for special occasions.

My favourite bomber always has been the B-17, more than any other bomber made - apart from the Lanc, but the B-17 always seemed perfect.

I used the read "The Bonzo Express" - a strip in the Warlord and Eagle comics about the crew of the B-17 called the "Bonzo" and the missions they went on.

8thairforce_small.jpg

3751_1299914434ede8c9f903c5.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 04/10/2014 18:32:14

b-17 1.jpgI have a love affair with the B-17. Done two control line ones and a small R/C version with four Cox TD .020s and even home built retracts. it did fly but was too heavy. (Ever heard 4 Cox TD 020s shaft running?

I might even be tempted and that is really confessing to something!!!

My Control line B-17G powered by four G-Mark 12 twin cylinder engines seen above..

Edited By Peter Miller on 04/10/2014 18:47:16

Edited By Peter Miller on 04/10/2014 18:49:17

• 1 month later...

Well I flew it, but wasn't perfect. Had two flights, but seemed very tail-heavy and going to add some weight in the nose. Was dragging it's tail and entered a stall, even at full power when the tail dropped and full down doesn't do much.

Did sort of crash,but no damage, but usually these models fly straight out of the box,but will see next time...

• 2 weeks later...