Stop logging me out!

Wiltshire Flyer

please chaps, sort this forum out for mobile users.

I know you have been tinkering and you've said it will be updated to be more mobile friendly, but what with the trouble with the photo box on my phone, and the smilies box! This blooming go slow at certain periods and now the logging me out all the time I'm getting a bit vexed!!!

That said, I appreciate all the kids and the tech elves do... But I had to express my vexation 😤

Advert

Ditto my desktop PC - extremely annoying. Because I couldn't be bothered logging in every time, except when I had something to post, I missed a Personal Message which told me that a model I had enquired about could be delivered on Friday morning. I read the message on Friday afternoon.

At first I thought this need to log in every time was because of the routine scans with anti-malware and computer "health-check" software I have recently installed. Now that I realise its not just me, can I add my plea to those above - PLEASE GET IT SORTED.

Edited By IanR on 14/12/2014 09:51:35

Did that this morning. Ok, the bits are saved and only means having to press log in, not type it all out again, but still...

Another bug in this forum, in a long line of bugs...embarrassed

Bug 1: Intermittant logging out of forum;
Bug 2: Delay or non-logging of posts, causing multiple entries off one keystroke, when user has been locked out. "Me"
Bug 3: Increase of spam when classified ad posted from new users who just set an account to spam the site and attempt to fraud the seller.
Bug 4: Limited headroom when posting photos to the Album, have to downscale to a small file, as server crashes if uploading an image >2.5mb @ >8MP

...a bug's life?

Yep - I've had to logon every day, sometimes more than once a day, for many weeks now. It used to keep me logged-in for days or weeks at a time. There's also the issue that logging-in on a second device (another PC, mobile or whatever) will log you out on the first device. So even when the 'keep logged-in' bit is working, accessing for instance at work will log-out your PC at home.

Performance seems a bit slow now, but diabolically slow after midnight when you'd think - with low traffic - it should be faster. By 'diabolically slow' I mean often waiting 10 or 20 seconds for a page to refresh.

Posted by Dave Bran on 14/12/2014 07:43:25:

The "keep me logged in" hasn't worked for weeks.

VERY annoying.......................

This has never worked for me ... months if not years ... Windows desktop ... Mac Laptop ... iPhone ... "keep me logged in" ... has never worked !!!

I give up with the techy side of the is forum ... not just the log in .... but the general functionality of the forum software ...

But if you persevere ... the content is worth it !!!

Hmm, well I'm sorry some folks are getting problems. I've asked the tech folks to look at this but they don't really have anything to offer. You can only log in on one device at a time of course and if you change browsers then you'll have to re-log in using the old browser. The cookie behaviour is unchanged, but does depend on peoples individual browser settings.

Why all the "of course" with regard login on more than one machine simultaneously?

I frequent loads of websites and forums where multi login is a routine matter, I'm often on a couple in two places at once while pulling data from two threads together.

Yet another example of how this forum is out of kilter with the norm..........................

Well said VA, I nearly said it myself but it's nearly Christmas teeth 2

The tech people are still working on the speed issues by the way. Speed does seem variable at times.

I must admit, I use the forum across a variety of PC and devices with a number of browsers so I can make sure myself that there isn't a hitch and I don't get any problems logging-in at all.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 16/12/2014 09:29:26

Posted by Dave Bran on 16/12/2014 09:04:00:

Why all the "of course" with regard login on more than one machine simultaneously?

I frequent loads of websites and forums where multi login is a routine matter, I'm often on a couple in two places at once while pulling data from two threads together.

Yet another example of how this forum is out of kilter with the norm..........................

thanks for confirming that it's NOT me losing my marbles again. It is definitely not the norm to have to login unless it's the first time a site has ever been accessed on a particular machine though some sites do require credentials be confirmed if you haven't visited for a period of time, say 28 days.

So you're saying that if we don't like it we don't have to use it?

Yeah, that's a great attitude!!

The staying logged in option has worked perfectly for me for as long as I've been a member, it's only this last few weeks it's started playing up, and I'm not using a rubbish device either!

Looks to me like if you are using a P.C it's fine, but try posting a build blog or whatever on another device and it's like pulling teeth!!

To post a pic I click the box but then I have to zoom out in order to get said box to show up, then I have to tilt my device if it shows up too small, I then try to select a pic whilst squinting and cursing because the icons are too small and I keep hitting the wrong one...

Then when I finally do it's Russian roullet as to wether I can gamble on hitting the right box to post or its some times too far down my screen and I end up hitting the back button or whatever!!!

The layout of the forum is not mobile device friendly in anyway, to say if upu don't like it don't use it is ridiculous.

You say the tech guys have nothing to offer? In this day and age if a site does not keep itself user friendly and tech current it will lose popularity.

But then that said I don't HAVE to use it..... Do I? 😶