New Multiplex Heron

Bill_B

Advert

Posted by Steve Colman on 23/01/2015 17:57:14:

As an owner of a Solius I want to know if the wings of the Heron will be a direct fit in the Solius fuselage.

Steve.

I've just had a look through both sets of instructions (from the website), and although the plastic parts sets have different numbers, the look of the wing fixings is strikingly similar.

I would be very surprised if they are different, given the similarity of both fuselages.

edit: I've just noticed that even though the Solius only has ailerons, they have appeared to have used the same plastic wing ribs as the new Heron, as both have provision for 2 sets of servos.........makes you wonder why they didn't fit flaps to the Solius in the first place!

Edited By Essjay on 23/01/2015 19:33:42

• 2 months later...

Bought my Heron RR 1 week ago, having only flown a Windstar 220 before. Lots of experience on powered Acro models, but not gliders. Decided at same time to change radio to a Cockpit SX.

I am finding great difficulty to set up butterfly and consider the MMX instruction extremely confusing. I am tempted to reset all and only set up ailerons, elevator, rudder and motor, with possible drop flaps until I find some help. Does anyone have an idiots guide?

BTW - Esc/BEC failed first time I switched it on -power circuit dead but BEC operational.

Regards from Switzerland,

Trevor

Hi, I have been flying a Solius for some time now and got very excited at SMC earlier today and purchased a Heron. From the pictures I have taken you can see the wings are identical in their fit. The Solius obviously cant use the extra flaps but the fit is the same.I have placed the smaller Solius wing on top of the larger Heron wing. Hope this helps you out. I will put it together and hopefully be out at the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Nigedscf1939.jpg

dscf1940.jpg

Posted by Trevor Kilbey on 27/04/2015 16:24:16:

Bought my Heron RR 1 week ago, having only flown a Windstar 220 before. Lots of experience on powered Acro models, but not gliders. Decided at same time to change radio to a Cockpit SX.

I am finding great difficulty to set up butterfly and consider the MMX instruction extremely confusing. I am tempted to reset all and only set up ailerons, elevator, rudder and motor, with possible drop flaps until I find some help. Does anyone have an idiots guide?

BTW - Esc/BEC failed first time I switched it on -power circuit dead but BEC operational.

Regards from Switzerland,

Trevor

Trevor a while since I've set up a 4 flap wing with a Cockpit Sx but it wasn't difficult (once I'd stopped thinking Futaba which was my previous set), the thing to do is make sure you set up the full travel required in the servos menu and then in the mixer menu you can dial in the flap movement and also spoiler-flap mix which is what gives you butterfly, note you can change the flap center (so you get more down movement than up) using offset if you are still stuck PM me with your e-mail and we can correspond that way.

Also has the ESC failed or just not armed, make sure you have the throttle trimmed back or it won't arm.

Hi Nige "Obviously the Solius can't use the extra flaps but the fit (of the wings) is the same'. Er, if the Heron wings will fit a Solius what is to stop you buying/fitting Heron wings to your Solius and programing the flap function on your Tx? I have a Solius and fancy the higher AR of the Heron and the crow braking for landing. On second thoughts perhaps I should just buy a Heron. You can never have too many gliders (or e-gliders)!

• 4 weeks later...

Like Piers I considered buying some Heron wings for use in my Solius until I saw the price.

100 Euros plus for the wings only! One may as well pay the extra and buy the complete kit. Therefore, I will continue with the Solius as is until such time as it meets its' demise and needs replacing.

Steve.

I guess it's horses for courses, but I would replace my Solius with another as I like it's aerobatic capability. With the Heron having more mass than the Solius it won't be as 'chuckable' in the sky, but then again, I don't suppose it's meant to be a Hotliner. Hmm, neither is Solius come to think of it, but never the less it is a great glider for hooning about with.

• 2 months later...