Jeti , no thanks...

Once, in a midlife crisis, they are bought a Ferrari or Aston Martin, and today it is
dc-24 ......... I'm sorry but this is not for my generation do not you think so do you?....Lucky me, I'm now in the golden years....sad....So , The TX will thrive in its functionality and additional options ,as long as you will not be able to fly a model with it....secret

''Jeti USA Press Release!!!Introducing the Revolutionary, Brand New, Jeti Duplex DC-24 2.4GHz Radio System with Color Display and Dual Haptic Feedback!!!The new Duplex DC-24 is Jeti's new flagship, State-of-the-art, transmitter that sets a new standard for the RC Industry. The DC-24 with its brand new architecture features a Full Color Display, Dual Haptic (Vibration) Feedback for each of the gimbals and Full Resolution 24 Channel Logic.This revolutionary, digital, 24 Channel, 2.4GHz, frequency hopping, radio system is fully designed and manufactured by Jeti Model in the Czech republic. This is one of the most advanced radio systems on today's market. With their solid CNC aluminum case, a fully integrated antenna, mini USB port, built-in speaker, headset jack, metal transmitter gimbals with Hall sensors (4096 step resolution) and 9 ball bearings for precision movement, large 320x240 full color backlight display and many other features the Jeti DC/DS-24s are sure to become the new standard in transmitter performance. Production and shipping of the DC-24 is scheduled for the second quarter of 2015!!! Production and delivery of the new Jeti Duplex DS-24 is planned for the third quarter of 2015!!! Features:Channels - 24 Full Resolution (4096) Channels (Possible Upgrade to 32 channels) Dual Haptic Feedback - Integrated Vibration Feedback for Both Gimbals Programming - Wireless using Device Explorer LCD Display - High Contrast Full Color DisplayRF Redundancy - Standard Jeti Dual Redundant RF Modules with Four Antennas* Pre-Production prototype shown, actual product may vary.''

j2.jpg

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/01/2015 10:50:07

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/01/2015 10:52:04

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/01/2015 10:56:51

Advert

It looks nice and I like the tray layout.

Regarding the functionality - my experience is that providing enhanced functionality is an option, it is accessible and can be switched on or off when needed then you will adopt and grow into it and will probably start to use it - no matter how old or technology illiterate you think you are. I suspect that the learning curve for this is not as steep as that for the Taranis, that has more functionality built in that I will ever probably discover but I wouldn't swap it for anything now..

I also suspect the Taranis may be a bit cheaper than a Jeti

M

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/01/2015 10:47:56:

Once, in a midlife crisis, they are bought a Ferrari or Aston Martin, and today it is
dc-24 ......... I'm sorry but this is not for my generation do not you think so do you?....Lucky me, I'm now in the golden years....sad....So , The TX will thrive in its functionality and additional options ,as long as you will not be able to fly a model with it....secret

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/01/2015 10:56:51

I don't know what generation you are, but as a 68 year old I find the Jeti DC16 very easy to understand and use. The DC24 looks to be based on the DC16, so I expect it to be just as easy to use. The tray layout is also something of a must have for me.

The availability of complex mixing is something I need for my models, "talking" telemetry alarms and information is also very useful to me, as is the multiple talking timers. BUT, if you don't need all this why you would you buy something like the Jeti? There are plenty of other options out there.

Dick

Edited By Dickw on 28/01/2015 13:04:12

Hi Jo. If it is less options you are looking for then the Hacker/Jeti DS-5 goes to the other extreme smiley:-

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-vendo.php?shop=hacker_e&SessionId=&a=catalog&t=880&c=7770&p=7770

Andy

If FrSky had done a tray type Tx a couple of years ago I might have been interested, but they are too late now, and Jeti Rx don't seem badly priced with their telemetry and other capabilities - particularly when you come from one of the big brands like I did.

Dick

Edited By Dickw on 28/01/2015 15:02:53

Too late for you maybe Thankfully have been using FRSky with full telemetry modules plugged into my Futaba 9C - thus nothing to change, only programming. It looks to me that the X8R RX is less than half the price, and more feautres than an equivalent Jeti unit! ouch.

I do like their kit, I have used a club mate's DC16 quite a bit...but that price...

Dick,

the X8R is a 16 channel telemetry enabled Rx. It has 8 standard servo inputs, Sbus and Smartport (which allows hubless sensor connection). It is ready equipped with receiver signal strength indication. Access to the full 16 channels can be made either via Sbus enabled servos or the FrSky Sbus decoder with standard servos. Cost? £22.42 at HK.

By comparison a 12 channel Jeti Rx would seem to be £86.95 (approx 4 times the price for a lower spec) while an 18 channel Jeti Rx is £136.95 (over 6 times the price for 2 extra channels on top of the FrSky 16). I think I'll stick with FrSky! smile d

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 28/01/2015 17:39:31:

Dick,

the X8R is a 16 channel telemetry enabled Rx. It has 8 standard servo inputs, Sbus and Smartport (which allows hubless sensor connection). It is ready equipped with receiver signal strength indication. Access to the full 16 channels can be made either via Sbus enabled servos or the FrSky Sbus decoder with standard servos. Cost? £22.42 at HK.

By comparison a 12 channel Jeti Rx would seem to be £86.95 (approx 4 times the price for a lower spec) while an 18 channel Jeti Rx is £136.95 (over 6 times the price for 2 extra channels on top of the FrSky 16). I think I'll stick with FrSky! smile d

BEB

Hi Beb, I think you will find there is a bit more in the Jeti Rx than just two extra channels.... But as you say the FrSky is a great product at a great price.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 28/01/2015 17:39:31:

the X8R is a 16 channel telemetry enabled Rx..........

Yes I do appreciate the capability of FrSky, but many people do not realise the capability of Jeti

All jeti Rx are telemetry enabled, have RSSI and Rx voltage as standard, and can accept a variety of sensors, some of which can send volts, current, watts, rpm, temperatures, altitude, vario, capacity and more back without needing a "hub".

In addition the receivers have serial ppm, UDI, or Jetis own Ex bus output, none of which I need. Any channel of the Rx can output any channel of the Tx so you can use 2x 8 channel Rx or other combinations to get 16 channels if you want. Plus of course the Rx can be linked to provide "satellite" type diversity if you think you need it.

Any output of the Rx can be a used as a digital output or input (e.g. could detect operation of a limit switch and provide feedback control via the Tx)

The Rx are capable of channel mixing, end point programming, and curves on their own if you want to do it there instead of, or in addition to, the Tx.

Like I said, I am fully aware of the capability of FrSky products (having looked at them and played with Companion before I bought the jeti), but they didn't invent capable Rx any more than Jeti did.

From where I sit FrSky's only advantage appears to be the price, and I don't think that is as great a gap as some people think - but everyone must make their own choice.

Dick

I've just bought and used a device called the UniSense-E which will work with 6 radios including Jeti. The sensor package, a very small package with a number of connections coming out of it, provides for measurement of electric drives covering current, voltage, power, capacity, rpm and altitude. You can also get Rx battery voltage and derive rate of climb/descent. I've now used it for a number of flights in a 2 mtr F3A aerobat. It is reassuring to see the drive battery voltage displayed on my Tx (JR XG11) as you plug in the drive battery. Real time measurement and display of rpm (the Tx has a process for deriving prop rpm if you use an geared inrunner). The UniSense-E relies on the Tx to provide the alerting alarms. There is also the ability to use a 3 position switch to inspect max and min values at the end of the flight before you power down the drive system.

The radios covered are: Jeti Duplex (EX), Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba FASSTest S.BUS2, JR DMSS and FrSky.

The package costs Euro 65.90 but you also need to buy the USB connection lead to connect the device to your computer and including postage from Germany it rises to £90. However, you do not need to buy any additional sensors although there is a GPS logger that can also be purchased. The USB connector allows you to update the firmware and that worked very well once I'd downloaded the required program from the site.

There is a link to an unofficial English (and Italian btw) translation here.

Peter, I've been using the Unisens-E and GPS sensors now for a couple of years with my M Link system, you are not quite correct in what you say above, in the M link system the alarms are set in the sensor (but obviously displayed at the Tx). This makes sense for a mah alarm for instance as if the telemetry link is lost momentarily the mah used is still recorded.

But I agree they are great all in one sensors that take up very little room.

• 7 months later...