Wiggo

Max Z

• 2 weeks later...

Rene, I drew up the plan for construction from scratch, but the kit from RBC has slots and tabs added to make it self aligning to a certain extent. Something that is easily done when cutting the parts on a CNC mill, but more difficult to do accurately when cutting by hand, which is defying the the objective of easier construction.

With or without slots&tabs, Wiggo should not be difficult to construct for the accurate builder.

Max.

Hi Max ,

I failed to say I maidened the Wiggo for a pal , so all the congrats goes to Tony O , he does build a "good " plane , and its unorthodox look appealed to him ,

I am just a stick waggler , but love "test flying "

cheers

Tony must now have logged up 10 or so flights , but is intent on putting a 4s in it , I might have to call in a "sicky "

Hi Rene, it's funny how people always find multiple ways to put a design together. I started with the side panels of the box, then glued the 6x6 mm strips to those and fitted the vertical parts, and only then put the box structure together. I re-read the article I wrote in the magazine, but I found that I did not actually mention that sequence. You are (hopefully) proving that there are other ways to construct the thing too. Keep it up!

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 16/09/2015 14:26:45

And here I thought I was (loosely) following the carticle...
I did hesitate though how do the fuse sequence. I've. Just fitted the rear to the box, after beveling the tail. I laid the box on it's side, attached one side, let it cure, turn the box over, and attach the other side. Worked great. Now walking the dog. By the time I get home it'll be ready to allign and connect the rear tail pieces.

DONE...(what else are scalpels made for?)

The result of trying to work too quick, and not paying attention. When I build one side over the plan I added another piece of balsa on top of the frame, not noticing the arrow clearly marking it F11...

I carefully cut away the offending pieces and replaced them with a proper F11.

Then I went to sleep.

Whoa.. I had a similar plane with a 25 OS two stroke on it, and it was not slow, but that one was 25% bigger than the Wiggo!

I am surprised that you got the CoG in the right spot (you did, did you?), a 25 is much heavier than the E-motor I used, and my flight battery is more or less at the CoG.

Good luck with the maiden flight,

Max.

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting.....teeth

I made a pair of holes in the bottom of the cowl to have a bit of airflow through the motor. ESC and battery have no cooling, no signs of overheating yet.

I am flying my Wiggo at every possibilty, and I am having lots of fun with it. The fleet in our club is slowly growing, must take a picture soon.

Cheers,

Max.