Wiggo

Max Z

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Max and fellow Wiggo's,,

I have bought the kit, just have a few bits and bobs to finish on other projects, then I will be joining you all. Thanks for all the tips, tricks and ideas for a successful build. Only one regret. I took all my back issues of the mag upto the flying club for people to help themselves to, so do not have the July issue! Ah well, that's what you get for being such a nice guy eh!

Regards, Glyn.

Hi Glyn, good for you! Among the planes that I designed, the Wiggo is easily my favored aeroplane for flying. Incidentally, if you want to re-read my construction article, go to the RBCkits website and look among the shortkit info. Have fun building it!

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 26/10/2015 13:06:40

• 1 month later...

It is difficult for me to answer that, Glyn. As you can see from the drawing, the distance from the firewall to the rear of the prop is about 50 mm, but the motor suppliers are not very detailed in the specifications with regards to axial dimensions. I could give you a reference to the one I use in my Wiggo, but that model has been withdrawn for some time now ( it did already survive two other planes smile o).

Max.

Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'm onto it now. I had only read the mag article when I posted, where it doesn't give the motor physical sizes. Later I fetched out the plan and it states the info on there.

Manufactures standardisation would be fantastic, along with servos, ah well.

Cheers, Glyn.

Hey Rene,

Looks god from here, hope it flies like a dream. I just started my build on Sat. Finished the wing, apart from sanding, then noticed I had fitted the wing tips in reverse! Removed and turned round ok.

Raining here today, so more building I hope.

All the best, Glyn.

Here is my Wiggo, airframe completed, just final sanding and covering to complete.

Its a Balsa Depron composite, Depron Ribs, and Fuselage sides, with the Lower longerons extended full length .

AUW is 25.7oz with 3s 2200MAH LIPO and without covering.

Power is a 400 sized 1100kv Outrunner (about 260w on a 10x7), all the running gear (servos, motor etc rescued from a deceased OD 40 inch Stick) most of the balsa, depron was out the scrap box, so a cheap build

wiggo rcme.jpg

wiggo1.jpg

Hi guys,

I need a little help please. F7 and F8, the motor mount/firewall. As far as I can see they are actually touching face to face on the plan, but I have the heads of the four captive nuts holding my two pieces apart. Is it just a simple case of enlarging the four holes in F7 to accommodate these heads, or have I got something wrong?

I'll attach two photos, and I apologise that they are 180' rotated, they are the right orientation on my iPad, but self invert when I upload them, sorry.

Glyn.

Hi Rene, I made a quick sketch to explain how the linkage should be to get an approximate linear response on the elevator. If you followed the construction drawing, the elevator control horn should be offset as per this sketch.

wiggoservo.jpg

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 17/12/2015 21:59:59