Wiggo

Max Z

Cheers guys, I'm on it now. Many thanks to you guys for all the help etc for the last year. Have a brill holiday. Spend your money wisely, any thing that flies will do.

See you all in New Year, and thanks again. One day I would like to be almost as clever as you people, I should have started this game years ago. But there were girls, rock n roll, and Double Diamond. Maybe I made the right choice!

No regrets,

Happy Christmas, safe landings for 2016.

Must get the tree down out of the loft soon, Glyn.

Advert

Looking at my 95% completed fuse I am wondering about securing the hatch. I can't see the 1.5mm sheet being robust enough to stand much force when removing it. I was going to secure it with magnets, but I'm sure it would soon break if I did so. What's the alternative, if there is one. I suppose I will need to fit a finger grip of some sort to enable removal as well, so is reinforcement the way forward?

Have fun, Glyn

Posted by Glyn Calow on 29/12/2015 09:18:28:

Looking at my 95% completed fuse I am wondering about securing the hatch. I can't see the 1.5mm sheet being robust enough to stand much force when removing it. I was going to secure it with magnets, but I'm sure it would soon break if I did so. What's the alternative, if there is one. I suppose I will need to fit a finger grip of some sort to enable removal as well, so is reinforcement the way forward?

Have fun, Glyn

I had the same reservations, and decided on using 1.5mm liteply with a tongue sticking out in the front and two magnets (i.e. 4) at the rear.

Rene, or any another kind soul,

Any chance of a couple of pics showing how you fixed in the battery, ESC. I have spent all day, on and off,,doing dry runs runs on mine, but have not found one that I'm in love with, giving me ease of securing and access. So I thought I would ask to see what you did. Hope you don't mind.

Cheers for now, Glyn.

Family, work, and life in general have temporarily taken over, and work on my Wiggo has stalled. I've velcroed the ESC on the bottom, right behind the firewall. I hope it'll get enough cooling there. The Rx is velcroed to the side of the fuse. I plan on the 3S to be velcroed somewhere along the bottom to balance the Wiggo.

Also, I've made two holes in the covering at the rear for air to escape.