Hobby king Slick 1300mm 3D

Just ordered one of these, sole purpose is to learn a bit of 3D flying never had a model suitable before and these are in stock when I have money for a change smiley esc and battery I can work out myself but am never confident with motor selection. Will be going with a H.K. SK3 but which one on a 4s lipo ?

This

This

Opinions please

John

Advert

I'm sure either of those motors would do fine, John, but my preference would be with the 840Kv as you could turn a larger prop more slowly for the same power output, which should reduce the prop noise. That also depends on the ground clearance available, of course. 12 x 6 or 11 x 7 should put you in the ballpark, I'd guess.

With an AUW of about 3lb, and about 600W, you'll have power in hand, I reckon....smile

Pete

• 3 months later...

All done, just wants a domed nut on, excellent buy all I did was change hinges to leaf n pin (my preference) and fitted ball joints instead of the grub screw doodahs. For £80 it's a superb buy. 70amp esc, 4s 3300 lipo and sk3 4240 620 kv motor. If it flys like it looks it'll be my favourite model shortly...and I don't doubt it will...only pilot might let it down wink

John

slick done 003.jpg