Greenacres 23-25 May 2015

Advert

Posted by Morgan Goule on 25/05/2015 20:28:13:

same here nick and let me say for our first show of the year we had a brilliant turn out (we must be doing something right)

Simple! It's full of excellent models, brilliant flying and loads of fun mixed in!

Really enjoyed it, kids loved seeing Bertie Basset flying for real and the RadJet mass launch was just awesome!

Can't wait for the next one. More RadJets and more Atoms! laugh

Huge thanks from me, the wife & both kids.

Was a great weekend, thanks to all the GA guys and gals for all the hard work they put in, excellent turn out considering the week leading upto it, well no, excellent turn out regardless, all pilots put on an excellent weekends flying, kept me entertained since i was grounded pretty much, I must get a model finished before I take it next time smile p

Sadly I only made it on Monday, however had a great days flying with my son, Harry and my GMAC friends.
Thanks again and see you all for the July fly-in.

hotsmile d Good weather is on order from HobbyKing, let's hope it doesn't arrive defective laugh

Funtana 125Still campaigning my Hangar 9 Funtana 125G (10S EP), it's slowly making me a better pilot!

Many thanks to the Greenacres crew for yet another great weekend of toy aeroplaning!! I could only do Sat / Sun but had a fab time none the less. Many thanks also to Chris Barlow for finding me a pile of nuts and bolts in his tool box. These were to replace the dedicated tools and bolts I'd left in the 'Allsorts' tin on my bench at home and contained the important bits that hold the Flea together!!

Roll on the next!!

Ian.

Alan, the Barracuda was a scratch built blue foam model, complete with retracts and fancy flaps. Didn't get the builders name, know he is an aviation artist from Coventry though. Interesting that the model didn't have any ailerons, but used the inboard flaps as both flaps and ailerons.

Hope this helps a snadgers.

Ian.

Posted by reg shaw on 26/05/2015 14:15:03:

Many thanks to the Greenacres crew for yet another great weekend of toy aeroplaning!! I could only do Sat / Sun but had a fab time none the less. Many thanks also to Chris Barlow for finding me a pile of nuts and bolts in his tool box. These were to replace the dedicated tools and bolts I'd left in the 'Allsorts' tin on my bench at home and contained the important bits that hold the Flea together!!

Roll on the next!!

Ian.

Happy to contribute to "the sweetie plane" as my kids call it! They've seen it so many times on my videos and youtube I was really pleased they got to see it for real! A very ballsy flight on Sunday too. It really didn't like the cross wind and on landing Georgia said "Bertie fell over. I hope he's all right"

Their delight in seeing it fly (twice) was worth much more than a hand full of nuts and bolts! laugh

Posted by reg shaw on 26/05/2015 14:15:03:

Roll on the next!!

Ian.

Make a note in your diaries, the date of the next one has changed.

The RCM&E event is now being held on 11th/12th July. See thread here.

Posted by reg shaw on 26/05/2015 14:18:39:

Alan, the Barracuda was a scratch built blue foam model, complete with retracts and fancy flaps. Didn't get the builders name, know he is an aviation artist from Coventry though. Interesting that the model didn't have any ailerons, but used the inboard flaps as both flaps and ailerons.

Hope this helps a snadgers.

Ian.

Hi Ian

Thanks for taking the time to pass that on. Love the unusual and love the Barra in particular.

FAA aircraft are sadly undermodelled and that model looks great