Illegal drone photos

cymaz

Advert

Photo's for cash is the thing ... take an aerial video of a friends house for a pint and that is illegal. ...unless you have a CAA license to do so ... similar in other countries

It is a shame ..but i fly a Quanum Nova (also known as a CX-20) and they are massively advanced pieces of kit which, using an APM controller, can fly autonomous missions and the like .. yet come RTF for £150 with radio that has a 300m range and bits inside that can come unstuck during transit making them unpredictable....fine if you know what you are doing but potentially dangerous for Joe public.

I love mine and have a ridiculous amount of mods done to it ... but i use it differently these days taking the BMFA / FAA / CAA advise into consideration. . ..boring but that is just how it is

With respect Mark that is an incorrect quote of a well known, possibly apocryphal, story. So the original version runs:

The official from the CAA at a public meeting was asked exactly what the Authority meant by the term "valuable consideration" as in "if you fly for valuable consideration then you must have a Permit for Aerial Work". He answered;

"If your neighbour asks you to take some aerial photographs of his house and he buys you a pint in return, then that is not valuable consideration. But if he buys you a case of beer then it is valuable consideration."

BEB

BEB and everyone, they really are excellent photos.

Possibly better than many taken using helicopters and also a lot cheaper to take.

If I am honest I am not sure of my position with respect to quads, the do not appear to be a real threat at present. Yet the reaction of authorities would indicate they are. I am guessing that like many of us we can easily see the potential threat from malicious use.

Yet just like the cross bow, the mediaeval knights may not have liked them, the Pope banned them, some tried to licence there possession, yet they became standard weapons of war and hunting for the favoured few.