TOUR DE FRANCE

Ernie

Hi, Next saturday, (13.8 k TT around Utrecht) I start my wee TDF build, But, right now a bit of inspiration is in order.

I do seem to remember seeing an article somewhere (maybe RCM&E, maybe not) about a modeller called Peter Illfe, or something like that. He built wonderful, very small models. I've googled, and looked in all the usual places, even asked scale maestro Danny fenton, but to no avail. Can anyone help with a reference?

ernie

Edited By Ernie on 27/06/2015 08:59:08

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, This wee kit is a cracker. Great instructions, & superb laser cutting. I've got to here  before we leave Holland

A couple of questions. I understand that the brick RX is compatible with Spektrum.. How do I bind them? And what is the very lightest method of filling the grain so that I can get a decent finish? Maybe lightweight tissue and dope

Froome was just a wee bit lucky yesterday, but that's bike racing, but Cav and Renshaw really messed up.

ernie

Edited By Ernie on 06/07/2015 09:12:57

Edited By Ernie on 06/07/2015 09:13:22

Bind the brick buy turning on the (plugging in) the receiver first, the onboard led should start flashing (bind mode). Then turn on your transmitter in bind mode (hold trainer button on my DX8 - having previously selected a new model memory. Binding should ensue. I'm building the Neuport from the same range, I can't say currently building as it's been on the board for over a year.

A donf

Posted by Owdlad on 06/07/2015 16:55:45:

Stage 3 Wow... go froome go.

2 almighty crashes!!!!! ...........Footballers hide your heads in shame

Those crashes were horrible. Seeing Cancellara's yellow bike cartwheeling though the air was sickening. He was obviously in pain and, after his crash earlier in the season I wouldn't be surprised if he abandoned. I had a similar crash back in 1990 (caused by a cat!) and spinal injuries don't heal as I know only too well. The horror of the crashes were mitigated to some extent by Froome's donning yellow at poor Tony Martin's expense - 1 second! It's been an exciting start to the Tour. I usually only get really into it once the they get to the mountains but this year ... and there's the pave today.

That SE5a looks very attractive. It's my favourite WW1 aircraft. If I had somewhere to fly it indoors I'd be very tempted but our indoor flying venue (a church hall) is very small and midairs are common.

Geoff

Thanks Pat, Binding worked a treat, so, I've got a fully functioning radio system. Can't quite come to terms with holding the motor in place with a drop of cyano.

Now, that's where Froome wants to be...Three easy days for Sky, and, maybe Cav today.But as always, maybe not

ernie

Yes, Cav seems to have lost the edge he had a few years ago. Same thing happened to Sean Kelly as he got older and became more of an all rounder. Perhaps he'll be able to keep up in the mountains, after all he did a good ride in the antional champs a few eeks ago and that included several times up the hill in Lincoln which is very steep.

Greipel always looks as if he has no teeth teeth 2

Geoff

Hi Guys, The Fuselage is well on. Every time I add a bit of detail, I try to save a bit if weight elsewhere. Here's a current pic.

Hope Sky can keep it up. They've been superb so far. Maybe Cav will see off the big German at Le Havre. Off to Britanny tomorrow to see the team time trial. Never thought I'd support anything to do with Rupert Murdoch

ernie

it seems wearing the maillot Jaune in this years tour is a curse. Hope Froome bucks the trend.

What was Nibali's problem yesterday?, funny to see Chris steaming up the steps of the Astana bus to give him what for...or to give him his water bottle back!!....All mind games I suspect...Froome should distant himself from getting drawn in.