I keep getting logged out

Andy Green

Advert

Posted by clive orchard. on 29/08/2015 04:24:16:

Yep,having the same trouble, between my pc and tablet, thought it was me.

If you use more than one device, whenever you switch over and login on the new device, you will be logged out of the other.

Just another thought for those losing the login retention on one device - check your browser 'cookie' settings to make sure they're accepted. If you've set it to not accept cookies in general, you'll need to make modelflying.co.uk an exception.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I now seem to be getting logged-out for no apparent reason again.

I do log-in from other devices - mainly my phone, but hadn't even touched the browser on the phone (which doesn't have this site as one of its active pages when I check it now) since yesterday afternoon, and after being logged-on on here last night had to log-in again this morning.

I also had to log-in twice yesterday on the PC, though the first time was due to me logging-in on the laptop whilst watching the F1 qualifying.

Thanks for giving me a nudge on this, John. I did get a reply from the techie and forgot to update the thread....crook

If we're talking about the same issue, it is a quirk (we're used to those, aren't we?smile) which is that if you're not logged in, and then log in you return to the page you were looking at previously.

This is very confusing if you've had an incorrect login message then login successfully, as you return to the page which says you failed.

Thus, you probably get a page such as this:

login pic.jpg

Seeing that would make you think your login has been unsuccessful as that was probably the last page you viewed. Now, if you look in the upper right corner, you'll see a 'logout' button in the red bar which shows you are in fact logged in. You can navigate from that page despite the message which appears.

It's a known issue but way down the priority list, I'm afraid.

Does this explain your problem?

Pete

Not sure it explains this morning's problem, Pete. But I think it does explain something I experienced yesterday. I'm not certain about the exact sequence of events, as I wasn't really paying attention to the laptop as I was watching the F1 qualifying at the same time... But I'm fairly sure I looged-in on the laptop and seemed to have to do so 3 times, each time being told the login had failed, whereas in fact it hadn't failed - I navigated away from the "failed login" message to find I was actually already logged-in. But as I said I was only half paying attention to what I was doing, so might not have the details exactly right!

I'll bear in mind your explanation next time I'm unexpectedly asked to login! - Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...