BMFA Electric Indoor Masters 2016

The 2016 BMFA Electric Indoor Masters will take place over the weekend of the 13th & 14th of February 2016. Once again some of the worlds best Indoor Aerobatic pilots will be competing to win trophies in 4 classes of F3P precision aerobatics, aero-musical, freestyle, team event and indoor pylon racing.

Please see the new website at **LINK** for further details.

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 17/11/2015 17:33:08

Advert

Feedback from last year was generally excellent, the new judging system for the freestyle events was very well received, it has taken as a while to come up with a suitable way but the crowd deciding who goes through in a knockout format seemed to work really well. We are introducing a new F3P class this year F3P B+ to bridge the gap between our B class and the full FAI A class. Should be interesting.

Strangely I can see John's post when not logged in but when I am it doesn't show. Very odd!!

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/11/2015 14:58:17:

You got me on "ignore member" Andywink

John

Ooops so I had!! Purely accidentally of course. wink

Suspect I knocked it when viewing on my phone.

Anyway in Electric Indoor Masters News I have added extra pages with the F3P schedules on today and for 2016 we are introducing a new F3P- B+ schedule for those who want to advance from the B schedule but don't feel quite ready for the FAI A schedules.

See http://eim.bmfa.org/2016-eim-f3p-schedules-added

Will be nice to see some new faces entering this year so if anyone fancies a go get practicing!

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 18/11/2015 18:31:12

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 18/11/2015 18:31:45

• 1 month later...

Arrangements are in full swing for the 2016 BMFA Electric Indoor Masters. It's looking like it will be another fantastic weekend.

Entry for adults is £5 and £3 for Juniors

The venue has a good selection of food and drink options (also a swimming pool and 10 pin bowling centre for those who want to bring their families)

As usual our sponsors have provided a good selection of raffle prizes too so it's worth a trip along.

Very many thanks to our sponsors

RCM&E Magazine

Opti-Power

Tooleys R/C Toys

MT Foamies

RCMW Magazine

Fast Lad Performance

Integro Insurance Brokers (The BMFA insurance brokers)

Take a look at the EIM website **LINK** and you can join in the chat on Facebook at **LINK**

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 15/01/2016 12:11:51

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't spot this first off but my wife did!

The champs are held over Valentines Day weekend.

From the point of view of my wife this means your partner is probably going to be very annoyed at being sidelined for "Those silly models" for yet another weekend.

As my SWMBO says, out of 52 weekends to choose from you may well have chosen a date which almost guarantees a lower attendance than any other weekend in the calendar.

Its always difficult to find the best weekend and if I had a choice of any of the 52 weekends I would have booked a different one. Originally I provisionally booked the weekend before, however World snooker book the venue for a full week and it ended up with them choosing that particular week and they pay significantly more than we do for the venue, moving a week later would clash with an international comp, no point having the event in summer either. When looking at the calendar we ended up with 3 possible weekends and picked the best one.
I am in the early stages of arranging a rotary craft event for the summer and combining a suitable date when venue availability is proving very difficult.
We do vet quite a few wives along to the EIM and in general they seem to very much enjoy the event. Theres excellent facilities at the Metrodome too, the restaurant is excellent.

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 30/01/2016 10:11:20

• 2 weeks later...

Well what can you say, charged me £5 to sit in comfort and be very well entertained all day, great day out, well run, entertained nonstop, and the flying's incredible. Old lads, youngsters flying, and the spirit shown between competitors is a pleasure to see. Great event, see you next year.

Well done to all involved in running it, and to those competingyes

John

Edited By john stones 1 on 14/02/2016 18:30:50

Well done, Alex!

Greenacres member, Alex Ames, won a brace of prizes at his first major indoor flying competition.

That's a fantastic 2nd place in the Indoor Pylon flying an MT Foamies EIM Racer, and an excellent 3rd in the F3P-C (C Schedule) precision aerobatics competition using an Elanor Feather 2014.

Here's Alex just before the Pylon racing:

Receiving award from Chris Moynihan, BMFA Chairman:

And on the podium:

Hope such shameless club promotion doesn't break any forum rules, but we're all pretty chuffed for Alex here at Greenacres...

Cheers!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 16/02/2016 08:51:31