Hanger 9 Spitfire 60 size

Rocker

I have a spare 90 four stoke needing a new model to go in I have all ways like the. spitfire and was told the Hanger 9 spitfire (60 size ) would be ideal for a 90 four stoke .I have tried every where but no luck,it looks like the Hanger 9 spitfire is no more.It is still shown on Horizon Hobby web site but no one stocks it anymore.Has the Hanger 9 spitfire gone out of production and is no more?.If so any idea what warbird I could get for my 90 four stoke I must be the worlds worst builder so it will have to be an ARTF sorry to all you builders out there

Be wary of the World Models Spitfire though. Their models fly really well, but the Spit in my opinion is an ugly, botched job by aimlessly cobbling together looks of different Spitfire marks. It has a more or less Merlin cowl, the rest is more or less low back Mk XIV, the wing bordering on Mk 24. Markings are 80 Squadron, flown on Mk 24s in Hongkong. It is also notably missing wing fillets, gull wings, scale gear location, and so on. Their Tempest for example looks much nicer (or I know much less about how a Tempest should look...).

Lorenz

Posted by Braddock, VC on 29/12/2015 00:26:01:

Does it have to be hangar 9? My experience of their products is that they are verging on flimsy. Servoshop.co.uk have a spitfire listed of similar size from world models at just over £200 may be worth a punt.

They also have the black horse one but that's much more expensive.

Really ? I have several Hangar 9 planes and certainly wouldn't describe any of them as flimsy ? What particular airframe have you had issues with ?

Ive got one of these spitfires ,it came from one of the facebook selling sites 3or4 weeks ago ,brand new unflown complete ready to fly except receiver and all for only £125 bargain,

it is well made like all my other hanger 9 artf's and ive got a lot and never had a flimsy one and hanger 9 are known for higher end artf's.It has been out of production for a couple of years so will be hard to find new .The world models one flies well but looks nothing like a spit except the wings are slightly similar LOL

Hello! A Hanger 9 Spit with an OS90 flies really well, mine is 6yrs old and flow now and again, but as you say the model is hard come by. Watch out on E-Bay - bargains are possible. Alternatively if Seagull do one I would recommend them as I have just bought a Skybolt, originally wanted a Black Horse Pitts - less expensive and well made ARTF. The Seagull FW190 looks fab, see the FB site for Seagull.