Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

McG 6969

Thank you, Peter. But really sad to hear about your 'gravity arrival'. frown

Is your Marauder heavily damaged? Is it repairable?

At least, I guess you still have the plans laying around... angel

@ Iris > Thanks a lot too. But are you sure you're totally objective in this case? wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Subjectivity Control

Really relieved that the Marauder's damage wasn't that bad, Peter.

Of course, what you call "a morning in the workshop" would become about seven days - or very probably more - in my case... blush

Great that you will be getting it back in the sky.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Workflow Control

Hello to all,

I remember that in a blog post talking about decoration schemes, someone (Peter himself, maybe?) mentioned that the most important part for the ‘watcher’s eye’ was the front of the plane - ie. the cowl & cockpit - and that beyond that first view, the visitor’s attention was transferred to the craft as a whole. Not involving a further view of details anymore and, for example, never paying really attention to the tailplanes. surprise

So I thought I would try to attract the person’s view to the back end by ‘creating’ a reason to look ‘there’… I decided to simply use the Commedia Dell’arte Colombina mask picture from my ‘blog header’ and this became the result.

2529_deco_fin_900.jpg

It took a fair part of time to prepare the required digital file and to precisely apply the printed vinyl, but I’m quite happy with the outcome of the idea. I’m wondering now what the effect will be in practice when viewed outdoors by ‘innocent’ witnesses. indecision

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Visual Control

Chris... I believe that both you and I produce works of art with our models! The only difference is that yours are like Rembrandts and mine are more akin to Jackson Pollacks! Seriously, great work! Waiting to see the final work either at your flying field or hanging in splendour in the Louvre.

Thank you all for your kind words, gents.

@ Andy G > Pollock's 'dripping' method would very certainly be faster, but then I'm afraid the sand and pebbles he uses would get the Ballerina in the 'heavy' zone.

As I don't have a flying field - exception made for the strips of BRU Airport, of course - I'll get in contact with the Louvre's Conservator, but not that sure he'll let me fly in their garden either... thanks anyway for the suggestion. wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Louvre (?) Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 10/05/2017 18:39:45

Hi again,

The Ballerina is now finally totally decorated and ready for her photo shoot but unfortunately the weather here in BE isn’t at our side at all.

The forecast for tomorrow seems to be a lot better with dry and possibly even sunny weather expected.

2551_esc_fixing_900.jpg

I did take the opportunity to install the ESC, including Simon’s ‘binding’ trick for the heatsink with a Kevlar fishing line yes , to position the Rx and his satellite module, to connect the servos and finally to adjust/center all the control surfaces.

A while ago, I started cutting some scrap ply, glued it together, sanded it to shape, gave it a lick of paint, added a piece of rope… and ended with some ‘vintage’ wheel blocks for the Bella.

2559_wheelblocks_900.jpg

If the weather gets less windy when bringing her outside, I won’t probably need them. But even then, you never know as Gaston is also still around! wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Weather Control

Thank you both, Simon and Peter.

As the weather forecast for today seems to be accurate, I'm on my way to finally have that outdoors photo session with the Bella. smiley

Fingers crossed & hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Clic-Clac Control

Very kind of you, Colin. I guess I can start blushing right away now... blush

But yes, I do like the finishing bits, although they take a lot of time as well. Somehow i see it as a kind of reward for all those months 'climbing up that huge and steep mountain' with Bella's build.

I was quite fortunate yesterday with the weather being so sunny here in BE. I've probably 'overdone' it a bit as I managed to have 107 pictures shot... frown

So, still a bit of patience required allowing me to sort it all out.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Pix Control

No worries, Stuart. Being at the close end of my journey, no reason for me to get into a ‘race’ tempo or approach now. angel

You might well ‘terribly’ be right, Simon.

But living at the centerpoint of the CTR of BRU Airport, I would have the company of a few ‘blue-flashing-lights’ equipped cars in less time than needed to get the Lady airborne… To give you an idea, the red dot is where I live and the threshold of RWY 02 is about 800m N-E away.

bru_airport_vs_home_900.jpg

But then, no way I should do that as I never flew a RC model before and don’t really want to have a try out with the Bella.

Trying to bind the Tx now would, if everything goes right, only turn her into a cute ‘Taxi Queen’… frown

If I get some assistance to have my DX6i to ‘talk’ correctly to an Rx, I’ll certainly give it a try to build a cheap trainer foamie soon and learn how to ‘crash’ it. wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / Controlled Traffic Region Control

Hello everybody,

After 1 year, 4 months, 1 week and a few days to complete my first ever RC airplane model build, I finally would like to introduce you to the Bella Ballerina…

2627_finalpix_top01_900.jpg

2629_finalpix_top02_900.jpg

2583_finalpix_top03_900.jpg

2567_finalpix_tail01_900.jpg

2568_finalpix_tail02_900.jpg

2571_finalpix_cockpit01_900.jpg

2578_finalpix_cowl02_900.jpg

Just a few words though, the excessive power of the Turbo-Meca engine forced me to use a P-51D 4 blade prop… but then, it also compensates the ‘attraction power’ of the cute Colombina at the tail end… wink

I hope you enjoyed the pics and if so, I’ll be adding some close-ups of the Lady later on.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR 478 Days Control