Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

McG 6969

Many thanks to all of you, Lady & gents.

In fact, I'm convinced that the deco scheme wasn't really the most difficult part of Bella's project. But I enjoyed doing it and I am very pleased with the end result as well.

As for the detailing bits, for me it appears to be simply rewarding as I like to give some kind of 'signature' when I'm going on with whatever project.

Concerning the maiden flight and as Simon wrote, I'll never be able to "pluck up" the nerves to have it myself. So, if one of the forumites has a city trip to the Brussels area, please send me a note and let me know... cool

Talking of a PIC, I guess you noted that there wasn't a 'driver' present in the cockpit on the different pics. Well, I'm still busy on the subject... wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR PIC Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 14/05/2017 17:32:40

Thanks for your kind words, Onetenor.

I'm trying to sort out some close-up pics to post as well, but I have the feeling that I'm even 'slower' at the moment that I used to be during the Bella build.

Naughty people would say it's 'farniente', but let's call it a kind of 'holiday-feeling'. wink

I still need to finish the pilot, make a balance stand, a motor test-bench, a vacuum former 'thingie'... and a Depron trainer to start to train some 'gravity arrivals'. So, that should be a very slow flyer allowing me at least to 'see' it coming down... angel

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Farniente Control

Hello again to all,

As I promised, here are a few close-up pictures of the Ballerina.

Nothing 'new' obviously, just a few more details.

2588_finalpix_cockpit04_900.jpg

A few 'classic' wing markings, a CoG marking for my upcoming 'blond moments' and a 'wing walk strip' - what's in a name? - made of a piece of crêpe paper with a coat of dark grey pigmented acrylic varnish.

2590_finalpix_cockpit02_900.jpg

The December 2015 (!?) - Mass Build Plan 2016 (!!!) - RCME Magazine together with a low-air map in the cockpit. Even Gaston seems to have found his CoG now...

2595_finalpix_cockpit03_900.jpg

2574_finalpix_wing02_900.jpg

The ailerons marking. To be honest, I always liked this kind of 'structured' close-up pics. No worries, just me, you know. angel

2576_finalpix_cowl03_900.jpg

Gaston's preferred 'caution' triangle & the 'label of origin', of course. I like the cockpit hatch 'depressed' rivets, but as Mr Fenton wrote many moons ago, the cowl's ones are OK for a first attempt but way too large to be scale.

"Next time better, Apprentice Chris ! "... "Yes, Your Honour"... blush

2647-finalpix_wheelblocks01_900.jpg

I can't help it, but this pic makes me think about that 'zoological intermezzo' a while ago with that zebra, lion, tiger and giraffe 'stuff'... Now, if you're wondering why... well, that spinner reminds me of Maya The Bee somehow... Just me again, I presume. angel

2651_finalpix_wheelblocks02_900.jpg

And finally, Bella's wheel blocks. I also did spend at least two minutes to lightly rub some Scotch Brite on the wheels removing the shiny 'toyish' look of the rubber.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Gaston's CoG Control

Yes John, I am very proud of him. Not only for creating this but he has done so many other amazing things in his life. But whatever he does, it usually takes a lot longer than average time to complete but it is always to a standard where I am in awe with the final result. Chris never ceases to amaze me... and that's just one of the reasons I heart​ him so much... Do you have much flying experience John? I think Chris will not dare to fly this one as his only experience with an RC airplane is on a simulator on his laptop.

- Iris

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/05/2017 08:55:56:

Been busy so i missed the unveiling Chris.

Absolutely beautiful, it would be a pleasure to fly that creation yes

You must feel very proud of him Iris smiley

John

Thanks a 'LotH', Iris.

... but, well... euh... humm... blush blush angel smiley cocktail ...

Not so sure if I could find a budget to pay you to come over and maiden the Bella, John. Planning a city trip to BRU?

But thank you for your nice words anyway.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR blush Control

Hi Chris.

Just started a new build, the first for about 6 months. and I have been using those mini squeeze bottles from Banggood that you reccomended.

I am really pleased with them, They save so much glue compared with the standard Aliphatic bottle and I don't get glue everywhere

Great idea Thanks!

Hello Peter & Steven,

I’m really glad that you both like them.

When I first started to use the Aliphatic bottle, I made a real mess out of it with glue all over the wooden bits… but nearly felt like a ‘builder’ when I discovered the BG tiny bottles. wink

As I noted that several forumites ordered them as well, I’m pleased that I could do something back for the members around here where I learned so much during the ‘long’ Ballerina build. yes

Looking forward to see your new design soon, Peter.

Thank you for your kind note, gents.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Squeezy Bottle Control

Hi everybody,

As to finalize the Bella, I went on a little with the driver/pilot.

I suppose you were all expecting the see Pierre at the controls but unfortunately when he had some ski-holiday in Biarritz last winter, he must have met some cute ‘Pierrette’ over there. We’ll never really know though as he never came back for duty…

Some of you might remember that during my early ‘testing days’ I encountered a serious ‘mishap’ when casting a pilot bust.

335_alienpierre1_900.jpg

He doesn’t look that good, really.

336_alienpierre2_900.jpg

Or should I say: “Really doesn’t look good at all”… surprise

Anyhow, I decided not to bin it right away but instead to try a ‘recycling’ process.

732_pufoam_pierre01_900.jpg

A few bits of foam and (nearly) half a tube of Por later, I managed to have something like a ‘Voodoo Pierrenstein’…

752_pufoam_pierre03_900.jpg

Then an attempt to the following salvation step with the help of lightweight filler.

904_fredb_test03_900.jpg

I took the pic above when I was testing the ‘Fred B’ sauce on some Depron - about one year ago ! - and I guess the figurine at the left starts to look ‘nearly’ acceptable now.

I’m fully convinced I’ll never become a sculpture ‘bodger’ but at least I can prove that I did give it a try. blush

1403_pufoam_christa01_900.jpg

Stay tuned as there is more to come soon. wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Recycling Control

Your comment gave me a large grin, Peter.

It might have been some 'wild aquabatics in a small boat during a twister' as well then? surprise

For sure the polymer clay's color isn't helping a lot in this case... wink

I'm trying now to get rid of the 'green' and will be back when Bella's pilot seems operational.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Aquabatics Control

Posted by onetenor on 23/05/2017 23:02:47:

Nice one Iris. I knew an Iris once She taught me to dance.Gorgeous brunette a year older then me but unfortunately nothing came of it. Great shame

Thank you for sharing this nice memory. Although my name is also Iris, I can tell you without any doubt it certainly wasn't me. I'm a danger on the dancefloor... wink​ Have a great sunny day!