Don Valley Open Days August 27th - 28th

Advert

mark

That looks very inviting!

Still not sure about the weather.

Most of my models need calmer conditions but the latest weather forecast is now showing Sunday as the calmer, 7 mph and decreasing to 5 during the day, whereas Saturday is 4 mph but increasing to 10 by late afternoon.

Quite a way to travel so it may have to be a last minute choice!

I would like to take this opportunity of thanking all those involved at the Don Valley MFC for letting me fly at their site. They have a very nice set up. Even my 35 meg transmitter was chcked to make sure it was actually radiating on the correct frequency!

Took six planes and they all flew twice including the A4b which performed two perfect rapid vertical take offs to quite some height.

The Fairey Delta 2 was the only casualty. It lost is nose arguing with a stout Hawthorn hedge!

There was an impressive range of planes covering just about every aspect. Particularly impressive was the big Cessna with an inbuilt electric starter and that quite amazing 'hot liner'. So fast it was quite hard to even follow its gyrations about the sky!

Thanks again

Simon

Nice site, Great bunch of Guys, Shame i could not spend longer with them ,

I got there late due to getting lost on the way trying to find petrol station then got stuck in the Leeds Festival crowd .

My son was itching to get back home by 5pm and so packed up as the skies had clouded over and look like rain was on its way.

We got lost getting home as my sat nav lost gps lock , then got stuck again in the Leeds Festival crowd.crying 2

Was nice to put a face to fellow forum members. Shame to hear i missed Simon and his Depron models, apparently his A4b V-2 shot up into the skies just like a rocket should.

Hopefully i can make it again Next year.

Great Bunch of Guys thumbs up.

Steve

Just a bit of an up date.

My Depron Fairey Delta 2 broke its nose at the end of its second flight on Saturday - simple pilot error!

Nose broke 1

But like all Depron 'monocoque' structures in a crash the damage may look bad but it tends to be 'local' with the rest completely intact.

The only other damage apart from the odd surface scratch was a chunk taken out out of the right wing near the tip.

12 hours later the nose now glued back on.

Nose on 1

With thin 2mm Depron sheet UHU POR makes a simple "edge to edge" butt joint that is virtually as strong as the original Depron itself and with virtually no weight penalty.

As the FD 2 is now exactly 3 years old I am taking the opportunity to completely "refinish" it to remove all the blemishes it has acquired! over the period.

Just a bit of an up date.

My Depron Fairey Delta 2 broke its nose at the end of its second flight on Saturday - simple pilot error!

Nose broke 1

But like all Depron 'monocoque' structures in a crash the damage may look bad but it tends to be 'local' with the rest completely intact.

The only other damage apart from the odd surface scratch was a chunk taken out out of the right wing near the tip.

12 hours later the nose now glued back on.

Nose on 1

With thin 2mm Depron sheet UHU POR makes a simple "edge to edge" butt joint that is virtually as strong as the original Depron itself and with virtually no weight penalty.

As the FD 2 is now exactly 3 years old I am taking the opportunity to completely "refinish" it to remove all the blemishes it has acquired! over the period.

I won't go through names in case i miss some one out, was a pleasure to meet you all, plenty of great flying n models. What impressed me ? how many models some fetch, Simons V2 doing vertical take off teeth 2 not a scrap of litter left to pick up, but most of all peoples friendliness and enthusiasm even when weather's against you, thanks for coming folks it's appreciated yes

John

p.s photo's to follow