And You Think You Sometimes Work Hard On The Sticks

Like many RC pilots that enjoy flying aerobatics I also have an interest in full size aerobatic flying. Here is an in-cockpit video of the great Kapanina in action - one of the best aerobatic pilots in the world - and certainly the best female aerobatic pilot in my opinion - easy to watch too!

Enjoy, but don't forget to hang on to your seat!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 31/03/2016 22:10:02

Advert

Posted by trebor on 31/03/2016 22:35:36:

I wouldn't like to be inside, I think I prefer watching from the ground. laugh

I'd give it a go. Maybe only once though! After watching that video I think I know what my clothes must feel like when they're in the washing machine...

I have flown (as a passenger) 'conventional' aerobatics in a JP. Just a loop, rolls, derry turn etc. All a lot smoother and gentler than the Sukhoi, though we did pull around 5g in the loop. smile d

Oh Wow! Total respect to that girl. I am amazed how much movement there is on the stick. The 2 or 3 times I had a go at flying in a full size 2 seater under instruction, you only had to move the stick a fraction to get a reaction. Indeed there was a tendency to oversteer the stick. Thanks BEB for bringing that to us. I can see why she is on her third husband though!

Seriously - something we can take from this. Many RC fliers have a very static left hand (mode 2). They use the rudder to keep straight on take off and then that's it until taxying in after landing! And the throttle doesn't fair much better - being only rarely adjusted other than a throttle cut back to idle on approach. But just look at how she works the rudder and the throttle constantly! We can learn from that!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/04/2016 16:09:51