Kit builders, what would you like???

• 2 months later...

Those of you that were interested in a single engined fighter , might want to check out the Warbirds Replicas Bf109 club elsewhere on this forum .

Although I did not feel there was enough interest to design an entirely new model , I feel there are enough of us gallant builders left , to do short batches of successful designs that i have been flying but not made available to the public.

The 109 E/F/G was inspired by the FMS 109 foamie , in that having flown one , I liked the super quick "build" but wanted a hard skin ,for superior flying qualities.

What we came up with is a Foam veneered wing and fuselage plus laser cut tail feathers. The fuselage comes in just three parts ! Wheel wells etc are already precut too and the options to produce all of the 109 range .

The model is predominantly designed around the same 4S propulsion of our Spitfire which means you can take both to the field with the same batteries.

Richard

My plea is NO MORE KITS!!!

I acquired a Balsacraft Hurricane kit, unstarted, at our scale fly-in last Sunday. It joins the pile up in the loft over my workshop. Why do I do it? I already have a Warbirds Hurricane (and a new Laser 80 to go i it) as well as a DB Cirrus Moth (plus sundry other small model kits) to do once I finish my so-called quick build Percival Mew Gull.

I'm sitting here covered in balsa dust and wondering if my current bad chest and sniffly nose is a minor virus infection or an effect of the dust. I hope the former because I love carving soft balsa into silky smooth finishes and 0.5" soft balsa empennage fills the bill (and is surprisingly light - especially after reducing the weight of the elevator by 30% after shaping).

OK, my opening isn't to be taken seriously but collecting kits at my age really isn't sensible ... is it?

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 19/10/2017 12:06:49