SlopeFest 2016

Sounds a great idea - only just seen this.

1. I run the LMMGA Website, and could publicise it there? We have slopes for all wind directions - some better than others - we hold the scale gliding comp there - see www.lmmga.co.uk
  2. We have let other organisations run comps on our slopes not a problem
  3. If you camp in the Hope Valley there is Mam Torr and Leek and Moreland Slope as well as Sheffield.
  4. I live locally and may be able to put people up - Time Mackey Waffle stealer I think I owe you? May have space in our Farm Field for tents but we do have horses - they usually only occupy one field?
  5. Sounds good and I am also in.
  6. I live at Bonny Catty Farm, SK11 OAT if you want to look it up on Google.

Advert

Just been able to check my shifts for the weekend 1st / 2nd Oct and bad news... Weekend night shifts which means that unless the date changes, I will be unable to attend.. crying

There is no leave available and there is more chance of winning the lottery than getting a shift swap!!

there i was all exemetited as a member of Leek and moorlands these be my local slopes, only 10 miles away, some great pubs serving great food not to far away, bvuxton, ashbourne, potteries all within 20 miles, Alton Towers too!!

then i remembered the date hmmm already accepted invite to fly at Ragley Hall, i,m free the weekend after thoughthumbs up

chris

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 09/05/2016 17:27:28

• 2 months later...

Hi Ian

I wasn't overwhelmed with people wanting to attend. Certainly not enough to try and book a campsite, I think there was only 4 and it clashed with other events on the Calendar. It was also too close to the similar Llangollen event as well

I would like to HELP run this, but I think for next year and if it seems sensible and its 'not just me' working on this we'll try and plan in a weekend (perhaps) early summer before School Holidays and the show season. Again - it all depends on having enough people prepared to commit to help and attend to make it worthwhile.

Martyn

Okay thanks Martyn I think that answers the question regarding this year for others too.

As for next year, well we'lll be talking plenty before then but perhaps we should set aside some time over a beer or two and see if we can come up with a plan. As I feel you must be referring May/June 2017 then the sooner a plan starts to form the better. Anyway, there's one offer of help.

Ian