Essential RC's videos

We do have head tracking Geoff. Friend created the module from an Arduino board. It sends the head movement to the transmitter via bluetooth which then sends the pan/tilt signals on 2 trainer channels to the receiver. I've got a fantastic 280 degree panning servo but for some reason it 'drifts' and I have to keep re-centering the servo. Interference from something can cause this with cheaper servos. Seems to be worse in the Pitts but was not so bad in the OMP Super Decathlon. And yes on the goggle stickers. I get that comment a lot !

Edited by Dom (Essential RC)

It looks my sort of model. However, I've had a Multiplex Fun Cub for years and (although smaller) flies in an exactly similar way and is just as much fun.  It was a lot cheaper, too, but I did have to glue it together and choose a power train.  It's surprisingly rugged, too - I lost the battery when it was in the inverted stage of a bunt and it floated back to earth upside down onto a neighbouring hard runway almost totally unmarked 🙂

The Fun Cub is what I fly when I'm out of practice (which is the usual case these days) but I'm sure this Super Cub would perform the same function.  I certainly like it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing news that we have a new Member joining the 'Essential RC' Team. Finn is a member of our local model flying club and only last week proved his flying ability by passing his British Model Flying Association (BMFA) B Certificate. All the more remarkable because he is only 10 years old ! Finn will be helping me review RC aeroplanes over the coming months and inspiring other kids to get involved in our awesome hobby...

• Like 3