Essential RC's videos

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 months of 3D printing parts and quite a lot longer to assemble; paint and weather, James' Abrams P-1 Explorer was ready for its first flight. He was just a little nervous but he needn't have been. It was an amazing success !

This fully 3D printable RC airplane was designed and developed by René Marschall and is available at PlanePrint.com

Wingspan: 1500 mm (59 inches)
Flight weight: 2100 grams (3S/2700MaH)
Wing loading: 50 g/dm2
Radio: 5-channel
Battery: 3S
Material: PLA 800g/TPU 100g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was lucky, the first thing is to film a complete 'flying area', ie take off circuits and landings and then watching them on a screen, this gives you a good view

on what you expect to see, the spotter should give you your height in feet / metres it makes it easier to land, I tried the pan and tilt, it isn't for me, anyway a good flight.

It should be possible with right kit to link the camera to your head movement which would make it a lt easier to look around. Nevertheless, a very interesting and mostly successful flight at least you got it down smoothly.

I find the eyes in your FPV mask a bit unnerving 🙂