Y lead

ericrw

Advert

Posted by ericrw on 17/08/2016 13:12:23:

I`m having difficulty in obtaining a "Y" lead which as two male and one female connectors. Can any one help ??

I admit I am intrigued - what are you using this lead for? You cannot drive a single servo from two channels, giving a servo or FC two signals will not give a good result...!

Edited By MattyB on 17/08/2016 14:28:24

It is because I have a spare retract which I`m wanting to use on my Starmax Mustang Unfortunately, it does not match the other retract; one up, one down They are electric retracts and believe I could overcome the problem by using the both the flap and gear channel and reversing the flap connection. Each wheel would be independently operated by either the flap or gear switch. But to do this I need a "Y" lead as described. The other way would be to reverse the motor wires; which is a very minute piece of soldering. Tried it on another retract with negative result !

Posted by ericrw on 17/08/2016 17:17:24:

It is because I have a spare retract which I`m wanting to use on my Starmax Mustang Unfortunately, it does not match the other retract; one up, one down They are electric retracts and believe I could overcome the problem by using the both the flap and gear channel and reversing the flap connection. Each wheel would be independently operated by either the flap or gear switch. But to do this I need a "Y" lead as described. The other way would be to reverse the motor wires; which is a very minute piece of soldering. Tried it on another retract with negative result !

Sorry, I am still as clear as mud. If you want to operating two retracts from two independent channels why do you need a y lead at all? Simply run a single lead from each channel to each retract and reverse the relevant retract from the TX or fit a servo reversing extension. Alternatively if you want to operate both gear from a single channel get a reversing y-lead or use a standard y lead (i.e. where there is one connector that fits into the RX and two that fit servos) but add a servo reversing extension on one of the outputs. Or am I missing something?

Edited By MattyB on 17/08/2016 18:02:14

MattyB, I`m not operating, at the moment, two retracts from two independent channels; it is a theory of mine. However, to make it clearer there are no servos just a direct line from the retracts to the receiver. No doubt, there is a standard "Y" lead in the foam adjacent to the retracts. I`m wanting to with the help of a modified "Y" lead to enable me to isolate the connections and then to reverse one of the leads.

Posted by ericrw on 17/08/2016 19:15:00:

MattyB, I`m not operating, at the moment, two retracts from two independent channels; it is a theory of mine. However, to make it clearer there are no servos just a direct line from the retracts to the receiver. No doubt, there is a standard "Y" lead in the foam adjacent to the retracts. I`m wanting to with the help of a modified "Y" lead to enable me to isolate the connections and then to reverse one of the leads.

If there is already a std y-lead installed you simply need to remove it, replace with a reversing y-lead and operate both retracts off a single channel. You cannot go from two RX outputs to a single lead via your one-off y-lead, then back out using a std y lead to two connectors capable of driving separate servos again; there will be a section of the your wiring run which would have to carry two signals over the same wire. This is possible with serial bus setups, but not std servos.

Edited By MattyB on 17/08/2016 19:37:42

I get the impression that it is thought you can swap direction by swapping terminals (unless I read it wrong). Just like normal servos the position is set by the pulse rate on the signal lead, which is why servo reversers have electronics in them and don't just swap leads over.