Hi there all

I think the very reason that MB2016 was such a success was simple. The plan was free in RCM&E. The design was so attractive (that was what caught my eye) and parts were available for those that did not have the time or confidence to cut ribs etc. Plus a great design and ultimately a fantastic model. I have to say that my Ballerina has become a first choice when I fly.

So regarding MB2017. MB2016 was the first one I had done and joining in was great fun and provided some very useful tips from others and that was great. What came out was that there seem to be many of us that have gone electric (not me however). So I would suggest choice for power plant is key. I would keep to a similar size model as Ballerina (40 size two stroke) as most would have some a suitable engine and electrics at this size is not too expensive..

Regards

Peter

Advert

Anyone know what the latest position is on obtaining copies of plans from the old site, I thought everything was to be transfered to the traplet site. have done a couple of searches but can't find the plans on their listing, this might be due to me doing some thing daft but could impact the MB choise if plans are not readily available.

Paul.

We've got some very good options here - I too like the look of the Skywriter, a little more complex than the Ballerina (two wings, after all!) so as Peter says, could make a good follow-on for anyone who built a Ballerina last year. Choices, choices!!

Are we just now waiting on the moderators to set up a formal voting thread? Or is that something we just agree between ourselves?

fingers itching....

Simon

Here's what's been proposed so far, if i've missed any speak up, links to each model can go in a voting thread later. Voting till end of November ? If i've got anything wrong speak up i'm only an amateur wink

Rizla

Basic 3D

Super Slinky

Flea Fli

Skywriter

Evans Volksplane

Maricardo

Astro Hog

Aztec Two Step

Grumpy Tiger Cat

Robot

Mini Smog Hog

Slec Fun Fly

Striker

Kwik Fly

Baron 1914

Fantrainer

Super Kaos Junior

John, that looks pretty comprehensive - good job thumbs up

Only thing I'd say is that the Kwik-Fli options aren't "one or the other", imo. You'd probably want to lump those together as "Kwik Fli variants" or "flock of Flis", or summat similar

Voting for that would give peeps the Kwik-Fli III (50th anniversary), Flea-Fli, Flea-Fli + 10% and very probably also Martin's Kwik-Fli 40. All either elec or i.c. (which of course would also apply to most if not all other proposals), and also MkIV (Tapered wing) variants available for some of those. Probably gives around a dozen variations on the theme, though all of pretty much identical construction

Not that I'm voting for it, of course wink

Hi John,

Thanks for taking a position to help things going forward.

If I may point out that if you intend to keep all of the different versions of the Kwik/Flea 'tribe' into one voting post, then I don't think it's worth voting at all... with an amount of over 10 choices into 1 vote.

But if they are 'split' and you are considering having the same vote points as BEB did last year with the Mass Build 2016? Being 5, 3 and 1 point for the 3 nominees, then my vote goes as follows:

1. Baron 1914 (free 'Svenson Vicomte 1915' plan on Outerzone).

2. Rizla+.

3. Maricardo.

Good luck, young man.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR MB Vote Control

Having just renovated my Maricardo i am eliminating this model, however I would say it is an absolute cracker and worthy of a build.

My vote is for the Baron 1914 (free 'Svenson Vicomte 1915' ) particularly as I have plans and is my next build

I have also just scratch build the http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=7838 which is a smaller version of the Baron and found it a simple build and an absolute delight to fly.

At moment in Spain for another 4 weeks and can't wait to get home and start building.

Posted by Paul C. on 01/11/2016 22:37:50:

Hi John, my thoughts on the fli derivatives is just vote for fli and you can build any of them. It's a bit like Ballerina last year when folks build big ones, small ones and foam ones. just my thoughts but I am happy go go with the flow.

Paul.

Exactly that thumbs up

@ John > please start a vote thread Saturday or whenever you feel like. But I guess it's time to start some 'action', don't you think? yes

@ Ian > One thing is for sure... If I ever need a 'marketing manager' for whatever project I'm planning, I'll consider your CV.

But than, on the other end, as you stated in your profile, what about your "ambition to stop drooling about the "next" project, and instead to actually finish all the "nearly" completed models in my shed"? ... devil

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR CV Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 02/11/2016 00:08:01

Posted by McG 6969 on 01/11/2016 23:32:14:

But than, on the other end, as you stated in your profile, what about your "ambition to stop drooling about the "next" project, and instead to actually finish all the "nearly" completed models in my shed"? ... devil

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR CV Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 02/11/2016 00:08:01

Well, I actually do finish quite a lot of them, but then find that whilst I have been doing that I have somehow managed to acquire some more new and different "nearly" completed models which fill that gap. And I never stop thinking about the next project. Isn't that a perpetual state of being for modellers? smiley

Aerofred is a good option, if the plans are there, as they a) have the experience which is often lacking at a local copy shop (I've seen many a tale of woe on this forum when printing at high street copy shops); b) seem to be good value even with the plans coming from Portugal, and c) offer choices of what paper to print on, including tracing paper (so just flip the plan over to build the other wing...). I'm certainly intending trying their plan printing service in the near future.

Having an option for cut parts to be available might be a good thing to have for the MB, something else to add into the mix.

Time to order some new scalpel blades, I'm down to my last pack!