Have I done something wrong? or is this normal

Robert Parker

Hi All,

On monday this week I got myself a new DX9 (this is my first spektrum set moved from a jr pcm9II) and have registered it, took a bit to do as the registration did not allow me to put my county / state as Swansea so I now live in alabama.

Now registered, I saw that there was an update to be downloaded to v 1.10

I managed to download to my pc and transferred to the SD card which I inserted in the DX9 and powered on and nothing a blank screen for a while, so i turned it off and back on again for a moment a status bar appeared and showed no movement then nothing just a blank screen for the last half an hour.

Any ideas please.

Regards

Robert

Advert

A colleague did not have an SD socket on his laptop, and did his registration on my tower computer, entering a regular UK postcode and receiving the 1.9 upgrade. The whole procedure was simple and transfered to the DX.

Also, on YouTube, watch the DX9 upgrade procedure, and make sure that your SD cardb is not mechanically locked on its edge

Edited By Denis Watkins on 26/10/2016 21:40:01

TBH, I've not experienced a problem with the supplied 128Mb cards with either my DX8 or 9 - but there again, I did as suggested by Spektrum and did a full format (not Quick Format) on each card before I used them. I'm glad I didn't take the advice to throw mine away - they've together given me 9 years of trouble-free service!teeth 2

I can't find the second download option Martin mentions on the site but it is clearly wrong if you can only register in the US.

If your attempts fail, have a browse of this thread as the solution will be somewhere within. If it is a registration issue, PM Andy Kunz, the Spekky rep who is on that thread, and he will sort out the problem.

Pete

Had this problem after attempting to update my new DX9 Black Edition. Scary at first as I thought I had killed it ! When switched on it was doing weird things on the start up screen and the Tx would not work.

Turned out that the supplied SD card was dodgy, so I replaced it with a formatted known good card that I had, copied the update to the card and then my Tx accepted the update. The screen came back on working as normal. Been working fine since.

After looking around on forums, seems like a batch of faulty SD cards somehow slipped through the net.

Ronaldo

Hi All,

Thank you all for your advice and comments, we have success. I bought a new Sandisk Extreme 16 GB that was the smallest size they had, and went onto the Spektrum website, altered my county as N/A and saved then went to my product and re-downloaded the firmware v1.10a plus sound files.

And it worked straightaway so I must have had a rough SD card.

Thank you all again for your time

I bought the extreme card as I use them in my DLSR so I thought if it is not the problem I can use in my camera.

Now off to explore my new toy.

Regards

Robert smiley

Hi Martin,

I would firmly believe that it was the card and not the change of county as it was the same download, however, it could have been the sound files as I had copied all files and not just the english version which I did with the new card.

I was rushing the process of registration and updates while SWMBO was out shopping, she has seen a box enter the house but I have not yet disclosed the contents, waiting to say, "oh that, I've had it ages dear". Keeping it out of sight for now for time being and waiting for time to change modes. Now that looks a little time consuming looking at the instruction book.

Regards

Robert

Very few people at my club ever install the updates. It's too much hassle. Our philosophy is if your tranny is working and doing everything that you want then stick with what you have got.

Also it's time that Spektrum supplied a decent SD card. That problem has been around for ages.