hobbyking - big changes

Posted by Dave Bran on 07/01/2017 12:44:38:

Worth the effort? Try to get a 250 Flybarless Head or 250 FBL head or any normal search engine variants (from ANY warehouse) and see what it offers!

I'm not only hesitating, I'm def not bothering to TRY searching any longer.

Try here - **LINK** I've bought quite a few bits and pieces from this shop - good quality parts, good service and reasonable delivery costs.

Advert

It does appear that the items I have ordered are being dispatched from two different locations. This is inspite of confirming that all were from the Hong Kong site, in addition I did reload the page twice.

I have confirmation that the order is split, in that there are two order reference number sequences.

It does seem there are a few issues still to be ironed out.

Erfolg, I had the same issue. I had a long and robust argument with them. Their system can't be wrong. Have a nice day, we sympathise and hear what you are trying to say. Is there anything else.

The secret is I believe, when you get to post stage, if the mention 2 post charges, don't order. It may be good to get a screen shot to confirm what you say.

But I think the damage they have done to their system is deeper that what we see from the customers side

Donald

I did suspect that there was and remains a problem with the HK ordering module. Although i guessed or perhaps knew, that the issue was there and real, as I could see that two postal charges were being made, in this instant it was convenient just to accept the additional costs is approx £1.

The problem will eventually show up in an imbalance between what is being taken in payments and the value of the profit on the Dutch warehouse. As I am pretty sure that the payment taken for the Dutch warehouse item, was not the Dutch price, it was the Hong Kong price. In this instance just a few pennies.

I expect that this issue has occurred a number of times. How many have complained is another matter. I could not be bothered. If the differences were greater I probably will be.

Again if i were HK management i would be very concerned, primarily in that this could be one of a number of issues, when the issues become apparent, they could be very costly to HK. They may not actually be making a profit, or holding and ordering the stock necessary for successful trading.

All of which suggests that not only was the programming poor, it seems to remain poor. The error checking seems to equally poor. Swapping sites just seems one of the tests to undertake. I wonder if some of the invalid entries have been properly checked, and that the values expected are actually replicated and so on.

• 2 months later...

Don't know anything about the Hong Kong site Erfolg other than the shipping cost was a lot more than the US site for batteries I ordered recently, the cost of which was only slightly lower. After some issues at the end of last year I felt frustrated enough to throw in the towel so to speak but after pricing batteries locally I decided to give it another try, placed an order with the US wharehouse Tuesday morning at 10-15 order arrived at my door Thursday morning at 9-30 via Fedex fastest ever US to Canada order I have ever had, shipping cost was $21 us, from Hong Kong was $27us the saving on product would have been $1-50 us and a long wait so well pleased at the outcome they have redeemed themselves somewhat until the next time, have to see how next order goes maybe they have it all sorted at last.

Now Hobby King's site seems to have bedded down I find it quite acceptable to use.Staying over in the U.K. last week, an half hour's drive from their Elmsett store, I ordered in the evening and collected the next morning. I realise that you are somewhat restricted in what's available but it was enough to keep me happy. In contrast, I rang two LHS, (not so local as they were an hour and a half away) regarding an ARTF to bring home, which their website showed in stock, to be told, after much rummaging that they were out of stock, next delivery expected in a couple of month's time. Will they ever learn?

Try finding a 5000 6s battery on their finder. After 40 minutes you will find, if you live in Europe, you are out of luck. The old site would have told you in 10 seconds. Their stuff is OK, but you can't find it. Yesterday, their prop finder told me, in all seriousness, they do not do 12 by 6 counter clockwise plastic 2 blade props.

How difficult is it to write a site where I am not offered stuff from places they will not post from. And we are months down the road from the old clunky site to the new platform which is 2 steps back.

Perhaps the owners are happy that it even works a bit, after their disasters.

I have ordered and received a few items from both the UK, Dutch and Hong Kong site recently. Two separate purchases from the UK site arrived the next day.

I am not sure that the range of products is as wide as in earlier times, although better than any LMS.

What encouraged me is that a ESC ordered did have a lowish letter charge. In the recent past these have been treated as if they were massive, heavy boxes.

They are not perfect yet and I expect they will never reach such a pinnacle. Things have improved a lot from the debacle that started this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

The site just crashed out, announcing Back in a Bit, with exiting changes. The mind boggles, unbroken site, well ordered, lipo finder what works, a propellor finder wot works, or even a list of what is available at a warehouse near you rather that what is in Russia.

• 1 month later...

I want to change over from deans to xt30/60s. So, believing Hobbyking's blurb that I would have to order from them, if I was to get the genuine article and not a cheap and nasty alternative, I placed a decent sized order, all ex-stock from the UK warehouse.

The order confirmation/tracking details show that they are being sent from AUSTRALIA !!!???

Ian

Order for xt30/60s received !

Hobbyking's service is far better than their tracking information. Order placed on Friday AM and received the following Monday AM. No complaints - far from it, in fact. Well done Hobbyking.

Ian