Print a plane

trebor

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

It's on my todo list to, currently scanning through the internet to discover if it's worth buying the files or if there's a free one for a first attempt.

I've also been toying with the idea of making a wing for an existing model as a practice peice before I go the whole hog.

3Dlabprint is also the home of the spitfire featured in Richard Harris's review in RCM&E, quite tempted.

Edited By Ian Jones on 16/11/2016 22:58:56

• 1 month later...

I can happily say I was the lucky person to win the the 3D printed Spitfire in the RCMe comp in October, unfortunately the postie wasn't that gentle with it and it had been crushed on route to me crying 2 and a couple of the parts lets just say didn't fair too well, so I would have loved to tell you how it flies but it will only be a stay in the box type of hanger queen never to feel the rush of air over it's wings.....

Other than that the build quality was rather decent.

Edited By Phantom 622 on 20/12/2016 17:56:19

• 2 years later...

One of the guys in my club has been 3D printing a number of his models the past couple of years and include Spitfire Stearman, and currently a decent sized Corsair. I have been quite impressed with what he has achieved, and when he re-kitted his Spitfire ... he just set the printer to work again and installed everything inside it. I believe his only comment has been about the type of cyano used being important for strength. This certaainly is an interesting area that will slowly take off and become established practice possibly over the next few years.

I like the sound of the P38, mind you a Mosquito would be good.