Cambria Christmas Charity Draw

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

I'd like to wish you all a Very Happy Christmas and thank you for all your donations. We still have until the 31 st December before this draw closes and the winner is drawn. To be in with a chance of winning the Zero just visit www.funfighters.co.uk and click the prize draw button at the top of the main page.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that have taken part in the draw.

Also to let you all know that I have two new products which arevery nearly ready for release. One is a purpose built firewall and electric motor mount which is for the entire Funfighter range.

The other I believe will be very welcome for those put off by having to hand launch the models or more likely for those who dont want to entrust the launch to a club mate. I now have a launch dolly kit. This is made up of laser cut 3mm ply and is very robust. The design is complete and I have the prototypes ready for testing. The kit is so accuratley cut that it will go together whithout glue (although I wouldn't recommend it) All you need is 3-4" wheels/Collets, depending on your site and a steerable tail wheel to complete. You may want to seal or paint the wood for Ic. The retail price for the kit is expected to be £20+ P+P, and the electric setup is £10 including postage.

PRIZE DRAW: The winner of the Cambria Funfighters Christmas draw 2016 is.........Steve Houghton. Thank you so much for all your entries. This year we have raised £275.00 for Keech Hospice care. I have covered the cost of the kit and all Paypal fees. I think you will agree that it has been a great success. I'd also like to wish you all a happy and prosperous new year new year.

I wouldn't do it PSS unless you block off the cowl front, It would be very draggy. A nice OS 46 AX is a perfect fit with the standard exhaust coming out of the cowl side a close fit. Magnets on the hatch though as the throttle arm would foul the captive nut when screwed if your not careful. I have a screw at the back and magnet at the front. Congratulations on winning it though.

• 2 weeks later...

By way of a fitting finale to this thread, I am pleased to report that my fabulous prize Zero kit arrived last week and I have been studying the contents eagerly. A DVD with build instructions and photos is included, which will no doubt help with any of the trickier parts of the build.

1701_1404_cambriazerobox.jpg

It's all very nicely presented, with very clean laser cutting and virtually no burnt charcoal on the ply parts. All of the essential hardware is included; torque rods, motor mount, tank, horns, nuts, bolts, tee nuts, and even some wing joining tape.

A real traditional builder's kit, and a great price (for those who have to buy theirs!).

1701_1403_cambriazerobox.jpg

Once again, my sincere thanks to Daren for a fabulous prize and for the money raised for his charity.

I have a couple of other projects to complete before I can start on the Zero, but I shall look forward to this build eagerly.

Don't worry, Daren. The plan was just out of shot, to avoid it hogging the photos, and to avoid infringing your copyright. However, here is half of it to set your mind at rest! The plan is very nicely printed and is accompanied by a full list of parts included in the kit (not shown), and a diagram of the laser cut sheets:

1701_1602_cambriazeroplan.jpg

I certainly am looking forward to getting stuck into this one, and have been re-reading the thread you ran for the builders of your sample kits in 2015-16 (zero build) - all very useful information.

Daren,

Thanks for the Facebook info, but I don't indulge in social media (except for this forum). I hear all I need to from the rest of my family members. I thnik your build note will be perfectly adequate.

Andy,

Yes, my first thought was to do a PSS version (see earlier posts), but I wondered if the cowl/fuselage drag would be too much, as suggested by others. Current plan is to put some motive power on the front, but no final decisions made yet. If you can point to any similar shapes that have been successfully PSS'd, I would certainly reconsider.

I know Phil has the Sea Fury (with a nicely streamlined spinner), and there are some P47s and Bearcats on the PSS website, but I expect these need quite a blow to stay aloft.

Thinking cap now in place while I consider..........