RCM&E December 2016 Magazine

Dave Bran

The Inside rear cover full page advert by Horizon Hobbies UK for the Spektrum "Theory X" quad racer both pictures and lists an illegal in the UK Video Transmitter, SPMVT200 of 200mW.

Hopefully, they will actually sell it with a UK legal one like their 25mW SPMVT025EU.

Or are they actually going to sell a product nobody in the UK can legally use??

If supposedly "responsible" companies like HH cannot make the effort to proof read their output so as not to mislead and misinform, with the current attention from legislators looking to see if we ARE a responsible law-abiding body of people, RC flying is definitely doomed!!

Without any correcting information/comment, I suspect RCM&E will additionally appear to many to condone/add credence to this Ad, so maybe time for a quick rebuttal/correction, David!!??

Posted by Dave Bran on 21/11/2016 13:57:13:

The Inside rear cover full page advert by Horizon Hobbies UK for the Spektrum "Theory X" quad racer both pictures and lists an illegal in the UK Video Transmitter, SPMVT200 of 200mW.

Hopefully, they will actually sell it with a UK legal one like their 25mW SPMVT025EU.

Or are they actually going to sell a product nobody in the UK can legally use??

If supposedly "responsible" companies like HH cannot make the effort to proof read their output so as not to mislead and misinform, with the current attention from legislators looking to see if we ARE a responsible law-abiding body of people, RC flying is definitely doomed!!

Without any correcting information/comment, I suspect RCM&E will additionally appear to many to condone/add credence to this Ad, so maybe time for a quick rebuttal/correction, David!!??

Indeed. Their UK website listing features the same error too...

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 21/11/2016 14:03:18:

Young Shaun Garrity is getting through to me - the Flugboat is very tempting, and I already have a Galahad ready to start on. With today's weather the Flugboat might just take priority.

Wrong thread Bob?

Edited By MattyB on 21/11/2016 14:17:10

Posted by kc on 21/11/2016 16:50:31:

Dave is absolutely correct in pointing this out.

However RC ModelWorld also sells in USA so maybe that equipment is legal there and that's why it is shown?

Exact same ad was in the November RCM&E, I suspect Horizon got it from their US head office and didn't change the spec. In view of Hobbyking getting sanctioned in the US for selling non-FCC certified gear you'd have thought they would be on top of this.

Posted by Phil Green on 21/11/2016 17:01:12:

Love the Skyleader article. "The Skyleader that never was"

If only Stu was still around to see it, he'd be made up

Once again it's tempting me to do something with my old Horizon 8 transmitter case, I even have a couple of D series Futaba modules around - must resist surprise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...