PSSA meet - New Years Day 2017

Phil Cooke

fun on the orme.jpg

For anyone not planning to spend New Years day nursing the mother of all hangovers, or by taking that traditional dip into the North Sea, there is another way you could start 2017 in style!

An idea has hatched regarding a NEW YEARS DAY PSSA MEET at the most suited PSS friendly location, forecast dependant.

Who's interested?

Of course the weather might still pull the plug on any plans, but assuming there IS sufficient wind strength for robust PSS flying we will choose one of the following sites, dictated by the forecast wind direction;

N - The Bwlch, Nant-y-Moel - VR98 slope

NE - Bosley Cloud, Congleton, Cheshire

E - Great Orme, Llandudno - Ski centre slope

SE - The Bwlch, Nant-y-Moel - 'Back of Wrecker' slope

S - Great Orme, Llandudno - Southerly slope

SW - Great Orme, Llandudno - Tank Track slope

W - The Bwlch, Nant-y-Moel - Mickeys slope

NW - Bosley Cloud, Congleton, Cheshire

The days are short this time of year so a timely start is essential! I'm sure the keenest of us will be at the chosen site from first light. In fact dependant on location some of us might be setting off before some of the New Years Eve parties have even finished! hehe - we must be mad!

Anyway, that's the plan, if you are interested in joining us please register here so we get a feel for the size of the group, and of course - please all make sure your 2017 BMFA insurance is renewed in good time this month to keep it all above board on the 1st January 2017!

happy landings all,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

it certainly makes sense to pull the event forward a day to New Years Eve (Saturday), unfortunately for me that means I wont be able to join you but its the right call for sure, the NYD forecast is pretty unreadable as the wind is still shown to be swinging, and its wet too! New Years Day looks like a cracker - sorry to miss it!

Heres the forecast for both days off XC just now...

orme nye.jpg

Ill put some similar note on the PSSA FB page to avoid anyone missing the gathering the day earlier than initially planned.

Take some pictures for me lads, would be nice to put a few up on the site after you've returned. thumbs up