PSSA meet - New Years Day 2017

Phil Cooke

looks like I missed out on a fantastic days soaring up on the Orme today, great to see so much PSS action from the photos - more tomorrow I hope on the Cloud... NE winds should be good!

Many thanks to all those who attended and flew at our PSSA events in 2016, our 30th year as an Association - 'Happy New Year!' to you all, and very best wishes and 'Happy Landings' for 2017.

See you on the slope tomorrow! thumbs up

Posted by Phil Cooke on 31/12/2016 23:05:07:

looks like I missed out on a fantastic days soaring up on the Orme today, great to see so much PSS action from the photos - more tomorrow I hope on the Cloud... NE winds should be good!

Any chance of a link to the photos, Phil?

Pete

Good start to 2017 with some PSS flying up the Cloud in Cheshire.

20170101_145731.jpg

First flight of 2017 for me was a maiden of my crashed ParkZone Spitfire reborn as a PSS model.

20170101_145749.jpg

After C of G adjustments she was flying very nicely in formation with David Gilders Spitty and I'm pleased to say the floppy cannons worked a treat!

Lovely shots from the Orme yesterday Shona - great stuff!

Well done to all who ventured out and up the Cloud today in less than ideal conditions, we had to brave wet weather (again!) until ~13:00 and wait even longer for the promised clear skies, but some good flying was achieved and the usual banter typical of any PSSA meet kept the spirits high!

A few photos from me before I commence my JP tailplane fix... blush

Flying in the rain... Happy New Year!

editcloud1.jpg

editcloud2.jpg

Andy Meade's BAe Hawk

editcloud3.jpg

Chris Barlow's Spitfire

editcloud4.jpg

editcloud5.jpg

editcloud6.jpg

See - BLUE SKIES! - with Harry Twist's Impala

editcloud7.jpg

Last landing of the day...

editcloud8.jpg

Shona / Andy / Phil / Chris - thanks for sharing some photos from the last two days. Today was good on the Cloud .... eventually ...after the rain departed! The A4 shots on the Orme from NYE look superb - drop tanks everywhere! Chris - Daves shot of your A4 is great - really brings out the A4 profile and highlights all the scale details!

A great start to 2017!

Edited By Harry Twist on 02/01/2017 00:21:41

Edited By Harry Twist on 02/01/2017 00:27:00

Looks like I missed 2 good day's flying. I was up the Cloud today and no one else was there! Very light wind so no good for PSS but gorgeous weather. It was packed with walker everywhere. I must have answered the question "How do they stay up, thermals?" "No that is a type of underwear!"

Shame.

Happy New Year to all and see you next year.

Happy New Year Pete! We certainly BOTH missed a top days flying on the Orme by all reports on New Years Eve, (40mph SW with sun!) - but you didn't miss too much yesterday on the Cloud, other than the banter of course! The flying was delayed until 13:00 by rain and then the wind although great in strength was just off song with a little more North in it than true North East. Still, fun was had by all and we achieved the goal of PSS flight on NYD.

In an attempt to focus on anything other than work starting first thing tomorrow - I've just created this montage using all of the PSSA group photos taken throughout our 30th Anniversary season - sadly we didn't achieve a group shot at the Orme in October but this single edit now covers our events between April and September 2016, including the A-4 Mass Build.

Credit for 2 of these photos goes to Shona Meade (as I'm in the lineup!)

Happy memories from a busy season - many thanks to all who attended - and kudos to anyone who appears in ALL of the event photos!

pssa 2016 summary.jpg

The forum 'insert photo' tool has reduced the original image in size - the original can be viewed/downloaded at higher resolution here :

**LINK**

Posted by David Gilder on 03/01/2017 03:07:16:

Okay.

So a great 2 days to see out the 30th year of the PSSA in 2016 in and welcome in the start of our 31st year in the only way we know how!!! Flying!!!!

So now I'm home from work, here as promised are some of my pics!

New Years Eve 2016 : Gt Orme, Llandudno

dsc00083a.jpg

That is just stunning David. Is that me? surprise