Finding 3-view and scale dwgs

kenking-King Design

Very many years ago I occasionally bought an aircraft related magazine which always contained a beautifully detailed 3-view, sections and details of a specific aircraft type, with an accompanying descriptive article, photos and historical facts. Trouble is, I now can't remember the magazine title, but think it may have been RAF Flying Review.

I would dearly love to be able to access the library of types covered, as the drawings would form an ideal basis for scale models of some of the lesser modelled types.

Does my vague recollection ring bells with any of you ? If so, are the drawings still available, and if so, where ?

While I'm at it, a particular wish is for the Spitfire Mk 21, with its highback fuselage and revised wing.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received, so thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all readers,

Ken..

Advert

The model mags occasionally still do a full-size feature with 3-view, but 'back in the day', Aeromodeller's 'Aircraft Described No xxx' was a regular feature. The 3-views from their archive should still be available - I'm guessing from X-list Plans or Hobbystores.

There used to be a newspaper type (I think fortnightly) magazine which also did 3-views - not sure, but could be 'Aviation News' or 'Air Pictorial'?

Aeroplane Monthly does a big dadat file on one aircraft every month. The 3 views are not large or very detailed but accurate.

RAF News used to do great 3 views. ADH publishing took it on and had back issues but it was hit ans miss what you got.

Aeromodeller which meant My Time Media did listtheir scale drawings. You got the drawing and a reprnt of the article but eventually the reprints dried up and you only git the 3 view at an insane price.

One scource of 3 views can be found here.

**LINK**

The standard of detail varies but useful. You then have to search Google for pictures.

Aerofred also has a huge rage of over 6,000 3 views, for free download.

**LINK**

Once again. search for pictures on Google.

I'm following up the leads you fellows are sending me, thanks. What triggered this thread was my stumbling upon an A4 copy of a magazine page comprising a detailed scale drawing of a Spitfire Mk 22 by a chap named Robinson, who some of you may be familiar with. Unfortunately nowhere is the name of the magazine visible. I have research to do on Mr. Robinson whose excellent drawing is packed with lovely detail, and I must peruse the mag. racks in WHS at the next opportunity.

I had a bit of luck a few days ago and managed to bag, on eBay, the last available 1/72 AZ Silver kit for the Spitfire F Mk21 at a very reasonable price, so am eagerly awaiting delivery.

Thanks again for your inputs,

Ken