Staufenbiel

I placed an order with Staufenbiel Germany a couple of weeks ago, I can see my order on the customer service area of their website, I can also see it has not yet been dispatched.

I would like to know why this is so but any emails I sent them are not answered, I have tried to phone them but as I do not speak German it was difficult, in the end I just gave up.

Can anyone offer any advise please?

Edited By Mel Jones on 17/02/2017 16:38:47

Advert

I must be honest I am surprised by this. Up to now all I hear are very positive reports about Stauffie. Have you tried different email addresses? Sometimes companies don't monitor particular addreeses, may be that is the case here.

Also have you tried using Google Translate or similar so you can send your email in English and in German in the same "package" (but don't forget to say you need a reply prefably in English!) Google translate is not perfect - but as long as you write in simple sentences it is very good.

Despite my comments above I am also surprised you were not able to get through to someone on the phone who spoke English. I have had emails from them composed in perfect English so there are people in the company able to do this. Did you give them time to find someone to speak to you?

BEB

Very unusual that Mel.

Hoping to reassure you here, as my club mate and I have ordered many kits, servos, radio gear from them over the past 3 years with no problems, any communications were by email, they are usually fairly quick to reply, and in English as BEB mentioned. Hopefully they may just have temporary glitch in the system they are trying to fix.

Don't give up yet, send another email or two. Hope you get your order sorted.

Ronaldo

Edited By Ronaldo on 17/02/2017 17:14:02

Update.

I have managed to get through to Staufenbiel via the telephone, they confirmed my order and explained that the delay is due to the company moving all stock to new premises, apparently no shipments have been made for ten days.

Don`t know why my emails were not answered though, I could not get an explanation.

Looks like I will have to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2.

I am sorry to say that I am still waiting for my order to be dispatched.

I spoke on the telephone with them last week and was told they are in the throws of moving premises, but my order would be processed the next day, fine I thought, but it`s been another week now and still no sign of progress.

I am reluctant to phone the again, the last call cost me over £6, emails just get lost in the ether.

Very annoying & frustrating when a supplier messes you around like this.

Personally I would now be at the point of contacting my credit card company and asking them to recover the payment. You can demonstrate that you have taken all reasonable steps to prompt the supplier. On the (thankfully very rare) occasions that I have done this I have found that the goods often turn up a couple of days later (suppliers *really* don't like charge-backs by the CC company) or you get your money back.

Good luck!

FWIW, I ordered a model from Staufenbiel the week before last, paid by Paypal. I heard no more until I chased them about it in the middle of last week, when I received an emailed reply in German to the effect that they had just despatched my order. My account also showed that it had been despatched. Yesterday, I received an email in English that apologised for the delay, but they couldn't tell me when the model would be sent. I've asked them to cancel the order and refund me, so we'll see what happens. I'll submit a Paypal claim in a week or so if I don't get a satisfactory resolution. A great shame, as their service always used to be top notch.

It's very disappointing to hear you've had these problems. I've ordered receivers and gliders from them in the past and when I did have a problem emails where handled promptly.

Because of your posts I have decided not to risk purchasing a new set of radio gear from them and have ordered elsewhere.

Most definitely ring up PayPal and start a claim straight away.

Well I agree with SteveJ I would be very surprised if HH's European restructuring was being allowed to impact retail. But the fact would seem to be that something is "wrong" at Stauffie! And if not that, then what? As I said above upto now they have enjoyed a reputation for Tuetonic style efficiency - that seems to be slipping somewhat. Let's hops that its just a tempoarary problem - that doesn't help those caught up in it of course.

BEB

Update 3.

Yesterday I received an email from Staufenbiel!!!!!, it said that they had changed logistics and could not tell me when my order would be dispatched.

This was followed an hour or so later by an email from PayPal which explained that Staufenbiel had agreed to credit back my payment, however this could take up to 30 days.

So again I must wait to see what happens.

My original order from Staufenbiel still has not been delivered, they claim it was sent on February 28th. They also appear to be avoiding my requests to provide a tracking number - several times now, they have given me the tracking details of a subsequent order which appears to be due for delivery today. In view of this, I've opened a Paypal dispute for the first order, so we'll see what happens. The second order has been sent by DPD, who are normally very reliable, but I have no idea what carrier was used for the missing order.

Final Update (I hope).

Yesterday my PayPal refund arrived, so my account is now clear and I can stop worrying about it.

How long do you think it will be before Staufenbiel get their act together?, it`s a shame,  in my eye`s they have let themselves down. I have used them in the past with no trouble what so ever.

On a more positive note: All`s well that ends well.

Edited By Mel Jones on 12/03/2017 11:31:55

Things seem to have improved. I ordered a HH's Commander (which was in stock) 7 days ago. At the end of the following day I received an email confirming my order and when I logged into my account I could see that it said 'shipped'. It arrived this morning by DPD. Slower delivery than from UK retailers but the price was excellent and I am delighted.