Sharkface

Andy G.

Hi all. Just started building the Sharkface from this month's free plan and it's going well and very quickly. I'm powering it with a small PAW diesel. In the article it mentions that the distinctive sharks teeth logo is downloadable but so far I haven't been able to find a link to it anywhere. Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks Andy

Advert

Thanks Phil, unfortunately that site won't let me access files, says I'm not authorized. And of course I would never dream of even attempting to try and fly it without the teeth!!

Dennis, looked in your album and found one there.

Andy.

Edited By Andy G. on 23/02/2017 08:38:32

Posted by Phil Green on 23/02/2017 17:19:09:

Spot on Paul. And I bet it flies great with the proper sharks teeth doesnt it?

(Do you find that beam aerial mounted on the leading edge a bit directional?)

Yes of course, how else would it gobble up so much sky. wink 2

As for the directional aerial, I find it helps with orientation............ on the rare occasions when I have control of it, it must be coming towards me!

Andy, if you have access to a vinyl cutter I'm sure I still have the Silhouette cutting files for the sharks mouth I put on mine. You would need red, black and white vinyl and overlay the layers using transfer tape, a bit fiddly but the result is pretty good.

The last picture in the RCM&E Sharkface article is my model being launched by my mate Richard, the teeth are visible in the shot. If you are interested in the files, PM me and I can send them to you.

Mike

Here's an electric powered all Depron Sharkface I made a few years ago. The eyes and teeth were inlays of white Depron with the red lips simply painted on.

fullsizerender.jpg

Having built two original single channel (Macgregor) Cox .049 powered Sharkfaces back in the 70's, the 3 Channel leccy version was a bit bland by comparison!

Just a silliness ... ("What else do we ever get from you Plummet?" I hear.)

I saw the thread just started on the 2018 mass build, and someone was saying that they fancied a twin. So how about changing the Sharkface into a Hammerhead Sharkface, and installing two motors in the hammerhead extremities.

Incidentally, I searched the interwebnet for "hammerhead sharkface" and found that there was a character so named in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 27/02/2017 10:30:25

Posted by Plummet on 27/02/2017 10:30:03
So how about changing the Sharkface into a Hammerhead Sharkface, and installing two motors in the hammerhead extremities.

Hmmm..... I like that! devil They would have to be diesels of course and that might present a problem when one of them cuts before the other...... 'a bit of a challenge on single channel. This requires further thought......thinking