steerable tail wheel

I'm busy installing servs into this seagull glasair i bought recently, in total the model will have eight servos , i am going to use a spektrum ar8010T RX , the manual states the tailwheel has its own servo which operates the tail wheel via a pull pull normal arrangement

my question is how do i steer this tail wheel , do i Y lead it with the rudder servo (rudder servo and tailwheel servos are not the same ), it seems a bit overboard to me , what are your thoughts

could i not just fix the tail wheel so it doesnt turn at all

Woe, fit the steering John, the push pull is a faff, but is a servo saver.

Use a Y lead, and reverse the rudder or the tailwheel servo mounting to get the correct sense

Or if you have multichannel Tx, then slave the tail servo from the rudder channel

I would not advise a castoring taildragger

Posted by Cuban8 on 10/04/2017 07:27:57:

Yep, castering tail wheels are a pain. Any sort of breeze and the model just weathercocks into wind as you taxi. Steerable for me now, no matter what the model.

It's like driving a dodgem car on roller skates....not recommended face 3

Fair enough, but fixed is still a load better than a castoring tail wheel. Mine last week, sitting ready to roll, got struck by a side wind, and simply moved though 90 degrees into wind, like a sail boat with a broken rudder.

I detest predictive spell checkers.

Edited By Donald Fry on 10/04/2017 19:42:46