model stand reccomendation

Phil 9

That's a very neat stand Eagle.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Great Mate model stand for a song but, sadly they're no longer made. They're ideal for use both at the field and in the workshop as they allow you to work on a model without its taking up space on the bench. They fold flat but are quite heavy, which is actually an advantage at the field on a breezy day.

If you can find one second hand as I did, snap it up. It's one of the most useful aeromodelling accessories I've ever bought.

Geoff

Mine started life as a picnic table from Ebay.

A few modifications later and its a very useful stand that all folds down into a flat unit that will sit in the boot or behind the drivers seat when the back seats are folded down.

The alloy brackets were made at work but nothing that couldn't be replicated in wood.

It's even got a TX holder , but no cup holder as yet wink

image.jpg

image.jpg

Multiplex do a nice one. It could be replicated in ply fairly easily - it works much like the one in the second post, except that the model can be placed into the fuselage cutouts, or rotated 90 degrees and the wing positioned on the wider flatter portions. This one has Barrie Lever's pylon racer on it.

stand.jpg

Edited By Toni Reynaud on 12/04/2017 20:10:27

Posted by Fatscoleymo on 12/04/2017 20:21:19:

Banana box from Supermarket of choice, Stanley knife to cut to size, pipe lagging. On bench, or in car to transport. Will fold flat if you stamp on it....wink

dscf1212.jpg

Fats

Brilliant idea.

However, THIS is my one, I added a lath on the bottom, as i keep it erected. It has capacity for most models up to my 50cc Gilmore

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 19/04/2017 20:35:39