Anet A8

Geoff Gardiner

Thank you Geoff I'll look at that .

First problem not a big one but print not sticking to the bed any answers please.

BEB and John the piece of paper with the assembly guide is hard to read but after completion I found a much larger guide on the sd card doh

Advert

Hi Martian, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and it says it is up to date with no updates available. When I open the instructions .pdf file on the SD card I get 'There was an error while reading a stream'. If I page down I just get blank pages with an error 'There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (135)'

I think I've found alternative instructions by Googling round the web so should be OK.

Martian

Get yourself a glass bed and use a craft water based pva on the bed before printing. Dribble some on and use a wet finger to spread it out.

There are many methods used including nothing, hair spray, pritt stick, etc etc but in my experience the above is the best.

If you have difficulty in removing the item after printing just dribble some water around the item and leave for a few minutes or longer and it will fall off.

Make sure the pva is of the water soluble type.

Robin

Posted by Geoff Gardiner on 06/08/2018 22:43:18:

Have a look a Autodesk Fusion 360 design software. It is free for hobbyists and, although a bit of a learning curve, will really transform what you can do with the printer.

Geoff...

Hi Geoff,

Could you point me at a link for free use for hobbists? I can find free use for educators and students, but not hobbists?

BEB

Hello all fellow printers I am now referring to my hanger as the print room much to the amusement of my wife.

anyway A8 is going well I opted to spend money on simplify 3D and its really good wasn't cheap but having read several articles the most common cause of failure in printing is the software so I bought it to reduce the risk. At the moment I,m happily printing out parts for the 3dlab Q trainer 20 parts so for and lots to go . One thing of note I have found out is that several parts can be printed at once and you can even copy paste a part several times as long as they will fit on the bed. Last I have a vellerman bed and proximity sensor on the way to fit before I do wing components .. All further building has been temporary suspended

Well Martian, if you can walk away from your printer to the living room you are really making progress! wink 2

I'm just setting up a security camera for my printer, not in case the SWMBO decides to do a way with it, no, no, it's so that I too can sit in the living room and check now and then that that lengthy print is progressing okay.

Well that served me right upgrades firmware to Marlin for better safety features plus auto bed levelling and printing grinds to a halt all part of the experience i suppose we'll at least you get more confident with the machine ,one problem filament extending above extruder heater because a little loose that has caused blogs also known as snot (lovely) so faked up heater and nozzle it's easier to replace than clean ,overheating of the extruder can cause the ptfe inner to stretch which causes uneven printing also extruder motor drive cog making poor contact with filament causes poor and erratic layer bonding a noticeable tick tick is a symptom . Bed levelling has become quite easy and is worth practise recommended gap is .2mm supposedly a sheet of a4 worth checking because paper is often .1mm so fold in half . Currently I,m trying to talk myself out of getting a prusa I3 . How are you getting on BEB

Pride commeth before a fall Martian! I think we're all earning T shirts here!

I home the Z then move it up 4.9mm, I then check the bed using a 5mm drill and just roll it under the hot nozzle at the 4 corners. Slack the nuts until the drill just binds then tighten 1/8 turn. This gives a first layer of about .24mm.

All filaments are not created equal, black, from a company called CRON adheres very well, the same component using the white filament from Banggood (at double the price) won't stick at all and needs a raft, selectable in Cura.

I've grown tired of playing 'swop the SD card' and am now connected via USB. You must install the CH340 drivers and connect via the front panel, I'm guessing the rear panel is USB 3. I get no hesitation in the print (reported by some) but then I'm using Windows 10 64bit. Be warned you must disable screen saving and sleep mode otherwise the Anet reboots.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost my battle to get prusa mk3 it's all built and after some struggles its happily printing at the moment that may not last 😞 still it's all practise i have successfully printed a 3dladlab q trainer including wheels and tyres . Flex pl a is a whole different ball game it bends going into the extruder but you can get a little mix from thingiverse now it seems happy