Volunteer Pilots Required

Hello everyone,

I am seeking a couple of volunteer pilots who have buddy-box equipped models for a day of flying for groups of air-minded youngsters at Turweston Airfield (Bucks) on Saturday 1st July. . Yes, it is very short notice. Sorry.   The airfield postcode is:  NN13 5YD

There will be several groups of youngsters attending and they will be rotating to various activities throughout the day, and one of the activities is R/C Flying. They will be coming at us in groups of 8 so it won't be too stressful but the time they have with us is limited -- each kid will probably have about 5 mins on the sticks and the idea is to give them a "taste" of R/C flying.

I had volunteers lined up for this event but a couple have had to pull out (life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes, eh) so I am URGENTLY seeking another couple of willing helpers.

Flying starts at 10am and continues until 4pm.

Sadly there is no money in it but you will have the satisfaction of putting some smiles on faces and you might ignite an interest in model flying in some youngsters' minds.

Please reply if interested.

Thanking you in advance,

B.C.

Edited By Brian Cooper on 24/06/2017 10:52:43

Edited By Brian Cooper on 24/06/2017 10:56:47

Advert

Brian

If you are struggling I may be able to help.

I am attending a friends 50th Birthday party in Corby on Saturday evening, but am free during the day. I was going to travel down during Saturday, but I could travel on Friday evening and be with you bright and early on Saturday.

I have a Precedent Hiboy and a buddy box setup, but still on 35MHz, do you anticipate this being a problem?

pict2476.jpg

Alan,

Wow, driving through the night sounds like you would be coming from a long way away. I am currently "working on" a couple of guys who haven't done this sort of thing before and they are a bit apprehensive. . . . so fingers crossed.

There is not a problem with using 35Mhz radio. . If I get desperate, I will let you know.

Cheers,

B.C.

Brian, no not through the night.

I have to be in Corby for 7pm on Saturday, but my plan would be to drive to Corby on Friday night instead (3 hours drive) so that I could drive from Corby to Turweston (an hour?) in time to help on Saturday morning.

If you are still stuck, let me know by Thursday evening this week and I'll pack the model in the car on Friday.