Cosford this weekend

Advert

Commentary was good far better than recent non LMA shows.

Should there be a lunch break for 45 mins? Would that allow everyone a chance to shop, eat, take a breath etc?
Or would that detract from the flying and break the day causing people to go home early?

Yep, a great day on the Sunday for 3 of us sharing a car to get there. Great flying, great variety, love the VC10, Vulcan butjust about everything was good. Trade was plentiful, commentary varied but never intrusive. Gonna try for Elvington next. Missed Cosford for last 2 years but good to see the standards still being maintained at high level.

Being local, Netty and I took two non-aeromodelling friends along for the Sunday afternoon, who were both absolutely awestruck by the whole experience.  One of them bought a simple ARTF as a direct consequence.

A superb show.

Tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 17/07/2017 21:35:06

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 18/07/2017 00:21:17:
Posted by cymaz on 17/07/2017 20:05:43:
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 17/07/2017 19:25:52:

lovely toilets in the museum

A toilet museum at Cosford? wink

Yes indeed, it's an annex to the main exhibition called, 'Elsans in the Clouds'. cool

Edited By Tom Sharp 2 on 18/07/2017 00:26:29

With a sub-annex called the ' cistern chapel '. smiley

Posted by Andy48 on 17/07/2017 15:49:06:

Have to say, it was a really good couple of days, great flying and some beautiful planes. Campground booking was excellent Dave.

My only gripe was the elsan point. By Sunday lunchtime it was gross.

Glad you enjoyed it, elsan point now on the list, thanks.

Posted by Flyer on 17/07/2017 14:19:57:

Must say my family and I (two of these were none modelers) did enjoy the show yesterday. There was a small issue on the pre ordered tickets which I must say was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

The show did look very well organised and the competent way in which all of the pilots I saw fly should be complimented in the safe manner of the whole display.

The biggest compliment was told by my daughter who said in the car on our way home ' I really enjoyed that even though I though I would not have '.

Well done LMA and all involved.

Now that was worth the show on its own, so glad you all had a great day.

thumbs up

Posted by ChrisB on 17/07/2017 15:52:41:

Should there be a lunch break for 45 mins? Would that allow everyone a chance to shop, eat, take a breath etc?
Or would that detract from the flying and break the day causing people to go home early?

We have had lunch breaks in the passed and had complaints, you can never win, what works for some doesn't for others. Plus Cosford has so many pilots who want to fly we couldn't possibly fit them all in with the time we have. This year we rolled out a program to give people an idea when most planes where flying so as to give an opportunity to visit the traders we are hoping to continue this at Elvington.

Edited By LMA Dave on 18/07/2017 13:49:41

We can't thank you all enough for your feedback, this is what all shows need as it helps improve thing for next time. No show will ever get it 100% right but judging by your feedback we are certainly doing something right, so long may it continue. Hope to see you all at Elvington, its only 4 weeks away.

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/07/2017 14:06:37:

Always enjoy the LMA shows myself, i enjoy others as well, bit of hype/music don't bother me so much, promote your shows by all means but why knock others.

John

I agree John, as I have said in an earlier post. There is room for all the shows, it is up to the public to chose which one suits them.

Being quite a distance from N.Essex I didn't go to Cosford myself, but quite a contingent of my club mates did make a day trip and from what I heard at our club meeting last night, their comments regarding the show were only very positive.

Posted by Cuban8 on 18/07/2017 14:59:48:

Being quite a distance from N.Essex I didn't go to Cosford myself, but quite a contingent of my club mates did make a day trip and from what I heard at our club meeting last night, their comments regarding the show were only very positive.

Once again that is very helpful, it all adds to what next years show will be.

Posted by LMA Dave on 18/07/2017 13:49:04:
Posted by ChrisB on 17/07/2017 15:52:41:

We have had lunch breaks in the passed and had complaints, you can never win, what works for some doesn't for others. Plus Cosford has so many pilots who want to fly we couldn't possibly fit them all in with the time we have. This year we rolled out a program to give people an idea when most planes where flying so as to give an opportunity to visit the traders we are hoping to continue this at Elvington.

Edited By LMA Dave on 18/07/2017 13:49:

I thought that was probably the case Dave. As you say, a popular show and you can't please everyone all the time.

I would not be put off by many of the comments, as there were 100s of "caravaners"

And many are just that, not model flyers, but campers who enjoy the adventure from another perspective,

And caravaning sites often have electricity, showers and fully set out toilet blocks.

I attended the LMA model flying show both days with club colleagues and this was a memorable show.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 19/07/2017 06:24:15:

I would not be put off by many of the comments, as there were 100s of "caravaners"

And many are just that, not model flyers, but campers who enjoy the adventure from another perspective,

And caravaning sites often have electricity, showers and fully set out toilet blocks.

I attended the LMA model flying show both days with club colleagues and this was a memorable show.

Denis, we are not put off, we need to know these thing so we can try and sort them out feedback is always good whether it is good or bad, this is how we have improved the shows over the years, we will never please all but as long as the majority are happy we can't really ask for more. Elvington is another massive event as big as Cosford now, we just hope that goes as well.

I am glad to see that not all campers need all the creature comforts of home when they are away, after all isn't that what camping is all about. So glad you all enjoyed the weekend.

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 19/07/2017 09:21:23:

It's important for us that we sponsor a show with slick and friendly organisation, so thanks too from me Dave. I'll drop Dave Johnson a line but please pass on my thanks to everyone for a great weekend.

I event met this forum's Plummet too smile

Dave it was a pleasure to meet you on the flightline, I like the live feed touch, it seems to be growing in popularity and a great boost to the shows. I hope you and Alex got enough pictures especially Alex sporting his new extra large camera lens.

Picture by Dean Coxon

img_0122.jpg