i/c wiring diagram

Den Moran

Advert

That wiring diagram is for Futaba with Futaba servos which have a tag to prevent plugging in the other way round. It works just as well other makes of modern servos which don't have tags on the plugs, but you have to decide which way is correct or it doesn't work. Aligning the white (signal) wire is one way but some have no tag and a different colour instead of white. Hitec is yellow ( instead of white) while JR is orange ( instead of white)

Extension leads of non Futaba make also have no tags and often no 'slot' for the tag in the socket. In that case you may need to slice the mating tag off carefully with a scalpel.  ESC ( Electronic Speed Controllers ) also have no tag so you need to work out which is correct way to insert into Rx.

Cutting the tags off Futaba type is OK but you then have to connect the right way round.

Very old Sanwa servos with F connectors don't work with Futaba for some reason but all modern servos work with all modern Rx with similar connectors as far as I know.

Somewhere there is a page of different servo connectors in colour- does anyone have the website?

Edited By kc on 10/08/2017 12:28:23

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp! I'm trying to set up a receiver on an i/c 'plane. Battery, an enerloop nimh type is charged and tested. switch on 'plane is tested working well.

Battery wire to switch
switch wire (NOT the charging lead!) to receiver last
position (bat/bind pins)
put in a servo wire (elevator servo- tested, working)

Switch the transmitter on
Switch the power supply switch on.......

nothing , no light on the (brand-new) receiver, no servo movement ---- zilch!

What am I missing?

Hi, Chris - I 'bind' my electric ones to match the esc, but how to bind an i/c which does not have an ESC, or even an available bind plug slot ( because for the i/c setup, its a .Bat. input?)

So back to the question - what am I missing ?

On the old 35 mghz, the crystal match would direct the receiver/transmitter relationship, but 2.4 ghz?

If its a binding process, how do I do that for the i/c setup. please?

Perhaps the battery does not have a tab so it has been put in the wrong way round. Make sure the black wire is on the correct side.   Same with the switch harness lead - could be wrong way round if no tab fitted.

If so have you bound the Rx to Tx see instructions for that TX.

Edited By kc on 12/08/2017 18:11:31

Den, I think your Tx has to 'talk' to your Rx first.

Check your binding procedure for your equipment, but generally >

- put your 'bind' plug into 'bind/bat'.

- connect power from your battery to the Rx. Any of the open spaces will do as it's a 'common rail' anyway.

- pull ( or press) your bind switch on the Tx and switch it on.

- after binding is done, remove the bind plug, switch off your Rx and to end switch off your TX.

But this should be very probably better explained in you Tx/Rx manual.

Cheers

Chris

EDIT > Tim was a looot faster. Sorry.

Edited By McG 6969 on 12/08/2017 18:22:47

Of course you don't have bind plugs with Futaba FASST  only Spektrum etc.

All the Rx I have in models have the black leads adjacent to the outer edge of the Rx case - thats Spektrum AR610. Futaba 617F and FRsky TFR6.    And the white ( or yellow etc) leads are towards the label on the case.    So it's fairly safe to say thats most RX. are like this.  If you have the black lead from the battery or the switch with the black lead on the other side that's the fault. 

Two other possibilities are that you

1.  used the charging lead from the switch instead of the Rx lead.  This means it would work with the switch OFF but not when it's ON.

2 . you have the switch on/off plate the wrong way round so that it shows ON  when the switch is actually OFF

Edited By kc on 12/08/2017 19:05:16