Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Advert

Well.................I finally got a chance to look more closely at the contents of the box the I got in the post a while back.

I know that Paul has posted some stuff, and this will will pretty much be a repeat, but it should help to persuade a few more of you to get on the band wagon and get the PM's off to Richard.

The following pics are a dry run of the fuselage and it's ply internals, it took about 10 minutes to do, so would not take much longer to do it properly, with glue and stuff.

The pics will explain the process.

D.D.

img_20171105_152508.jpg

Oh Yeah, these Herberts decided they were gonna exert some pressure after forcing their way into the workshop, the one with the scissors was particularly nasty.......The Grey one was crying a lot of the time........

img_20171105_152733.jpg

img_20171105_153015.jpg

img_20171105_153147.jpg

img_20171105_153318.jpg

img_20171105_153419.jpg

img_20171105_153439.jpg

img_20171105_153455.jpgimg_20171105_153526.jpg

For illustration only, the motor box will not stick out.

img_20171105_153543.jpg

Other bits and bobs

img_20171105_153633.jpg

img_20171105_153713.jpg

img_20171105_153922.jpg

Well , there's always two sides to the story Tom , but there's no smoke without fire .

Sweep cant stand him, and as for that bloody Panda ......secret

You don't see a plastic charity box in homage to Sweep on the counter of the corner shop do you ?

The poor lad has never recovered from the persecuting of that whispering bear and his human consort .

Thank goodness we can offer him some purpose in life .

In any old saying there is always some truth, when the Government want to get rid of Bad news they "Sweep it under the carpet" That is what Sooty did to Sweep. For 3 years Harry Corbett thought Sweep had ran away, it was only when he was having a new Shag pile in the front room did the fitters find a quivering Sweep under the carpet.

mug shot.jpgIts a tragic story . However I think we can all rejoice in the way that little grey dog has bounced back with our support.

His anger management officer , Graham , keeps him on the straight and narrow now and apart form a little relapse last year in John Lewis , he hasnt bitten anyone except Mrs Pettigrew (that's right Mark , your Mum ) who referred to him as a "flithy little grey bugger" .

Given that kind of provocation , I think we can all find it in our hearts to forgive and forget . Lets just take a moment to remind ourselves how far he has come .

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 03/11/2017 22:22:36:

revised list .

Bucksboy

Graham Russell

Robert Hay

Roger Bird

Rob Howe

RonGray

Adian - ("Flyer"

Glynn

Peter Harvey ?

Dave Poulter

And Nigel Dell

I had to put myself down for one of these puppies despite my inmobility I will eventually catch up with the 110 and this, just wait when I am back on my feet there will be no stopping me,😎

Well As the weather over the weekend wasn't good... I did a little more..

I put the motor box together first making sure it was square then fitted F1 the front most former and the motor box to the sides of the crutch. This is because there is a taper from F1 back to the tail but it does so in two stages. This way I was sure not to have any misalignments. Once these had time to glue thoroughly I added F2 then the wing bolt mount. Make sure you check your width at the wing bolt mount to ensure a snug fit into the rear section of the fuselage.

20171102_171829.jpg

I then drilled a elongated hole in F1 to pass the motor wires through. I also cut a notch in the motor mount tabbed insert to allow the wires through. After which it was glued in place. I used my favourite M4 would fixing inserts with an extra layer of 3mm lite ply behind to give the inserts something more to bite on, You can use just wood screws if its easier for you.

20171105_104404.jpg

I also added a couch for the battery to lounge on but mainly to let me wrap a Velcro battery strap around it to prevent unwanted excursions during flight, as experienced by Airline pilots when the toilets open after take off....

I intend to mount the ESC onto the side wall of the foam skin and it fits well.

20171105_140405.jpg

Next up was the bottom front foam deck I did a dry fit and realised that a small amount of foam has to be removed from the front inside as the crutch is not tapered all the way to the front. This was easy to do. A small notch is also needed for the tab of F2 where the wing dowel fits.

20171103_183614.jpg

The sides of the crutch sit 7.3mm higher than the foam deck. If you draw a line on both top edges this will ensure when you glue the deck on it is in the right place.

Next the gluing on of the lower deck. Here a lesson I learnt from the 110 build... use the foam the decks come in for protection and in this case help in holding everything in place whilst it dries.

20171106_183119.jpg

The foam outer really protects the foam deck well.

Well bit more dabbling...

Remember that we, DD and myself have early prototypes so we get to iron out the wrinkles so you have a nice build kit... So if we pause for thought it's because we have brain ache...No I'm not sitting on it!!!

Any way..Battery access. I will be making a hatch in the cowl forward of the cockpit and to the front of the fuz just up to the engine cowl moulding.

20171109_174602.jpg

So I bit the bullet and marked where I wanted it go and out came the saw...

As I intend to use magnets to hold it in I am going to face each piece with 3mm Lite ply and use 8mm dia magnets glued into holes in each face.

To do this I will have to remove 6mm from the middle and 3mm from the front.

I have cut 2 formers so far and still have to cut one for the front.

20171109_174641.jpg

20171109_174750.jpg

20171109_175532.jpg

20171109_175941.jpg

Two small notches are needed to fit over the ply crutch.

20171109_175959.jpg

Well as Daffy would say... that's all folks!

For now anyway..

Once I have it all fitted I will post the dimensions I have used.