Mini Blitz

Brian Dorricott 1

Mine very similar to Rene's setup Overlander 2826/1900kv with 3s 1300mah and 7x3 prop seeing about 220watts , very quick and vertically gets small very quickly . Bottled it and let a couple of hotshot pilots fly it today and they put it thru it's paces , even get about 7+ minutes ragging it . Absolutely love it can't wait to get my A and fly it myself, tough field ours and I'd probably total it or lose it in the River Mersey ! Know your limitations ! It also needs very bright undersides as it's a devil when it's small to see orientation , can't rely on where the fins are to see which way up it is. Loads of fun for very little outlay .

Glad you guys are enjoying building and flying the Blitz's...I like the additional rib idea to let the fin  just push in. You really can't get more flying fun for so little money with a balsa model. I have another great retro delta planned for a future plan feature.... Cheers, Shaun

Edited By 2.4g Shaun on 24/12/2017 11:44:07

Let me guess. How about 'Delta 1' as featured on p.73 in the January 2018 RCM&E? If not, it can be found on Outerzone if you fancy one. Seemed to fly very well at the 'chuck and duck' at the 2017 Nats, judging by the uTube clips.

I really like some of these retro designs Shaun, so keep them coming. yes

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 24/12/2017 15:18:48

20171226_133140.jpghi all I thought I would have a go at building this. I am having a blast at building from sheets of balsa this is my first venture with a delta type plane. I have spent a couple of hours on it so far I plan to fly it on a 2822 1400kv motor with a 7x4 prop. hopefully this set up will be ok.do I need to build in any side or down thrust as im not quite sure?

imag0193.jpgimag0192.jpgimag0191.jpgWell the weather has been appalling over the last weeks so again I had to spend time in the workshop, with a recent copy of the RCME, some balsa and various other bits and pieces from the scrap box, and of course, my imagination J . Anyway, without further ado, here is the LITE SABRE , sorry could not resist it……..still to put a hood over the motor and paint the jet engines, some panel lines and then try and find a Jedi Night to pilot it .. J .

Here she is almost finished, Star Wars style but maybe a reno racer for the year 2050?

a happy new year to you and your loved ones Have fun and happy landings !!

Ray imag0190.jpg

Glued fuz sides on to wing then the motor former and motor.

Motor is an 1811 2900kv, 6amp esc that I took out of a converted Multiplex Fox. I ran that on 2s swinging a 6x4 producing around 40w. Might put a smaller prop on.

Then sheeted the underside

Next is to make the top hatch, It will be a single piece of balsa with a tongue of ply at front that will slot under and held down at the rear with earth magnets on a piece of ply. Also need to sort some servos.

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 06/01/2018 19:49:11

Hello all,

The current status of my build is:

wp_20180106_22_26_42_pro.jpg

Probably not apparent in the picture is the fact my motor is short, ie, it does not clear the fuselage - prop cannot turn, of course. This means former F1 is either relocated to the front, kept in the assigned position in the plan and then cut the fuselage to suit or installing a spacer. Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you so much!

PP

Paulo if you look closely at all my pics you might see that the fuz at the front are different lengths. I made fuz sides as plan but then when installing motor I had the same problem that the prop would hit fuz sides. I thought about putting in another motor former but instead I just chopped off about 10mm from the side cheeks at either side of fuz.

Baz

Posted by RC Plane Flyer on 08/01/2018 09:23:21:

Hi PP. Have you thought of using M3 rod and nuts to extended the motor forwards ?

Nope, but thank you for the tip! As I said, I've got an F1 ready. I'll use it after trimming the excess height due to the curvature of the front fuselage where it will be glued on.

Regards,