Who has what engine in their Precedent Stampes

bert baker

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 11/12/2017 09:06:39:
Posted by ChrisB on 10/12/2017 18:25:04:
Posted by Martin McIntosh on 10/12/2017 16:38:08:

My Precedent one uses a Laser 155 on 19x6 or 18x8, AUW 6.2kg. Go for the 180 for that bit extra.

Wow, that should be a rocket ship! My dads weighs 7kg and runs a Saito 125 on a 16x6. It not overpowered, so a 155 should be perfect.

at 14lbs mine is no rocketship with the 180 fitted. If you give it large on the loud stick its too fast for scale but its not a rocketship due to the fine pitch of the 20x6 prop. Martins model again is quite sedate and looks great in the air.

How does the 125 handle loops? i cant believe its too impressed.

Oh and sorry Bert, but if it was as simple as strapping a walbro on i would have been done years ago

Edited By Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 11/12/2017 09:07:13

With the 125 it’ll only loop from a dive. In fairness that’s probably quite scale but there is no reserve of power to get you out of trouble.

Because of the power i have i dont need to dive mine and could just open the taps if i wanted to. As this is not very scale i choose to dive before loops and such just for scale reasons.

I am looking forward to building another one day as i would like to do a more detailed finish. Its going to be a while off though as the current one is flying really well and is alot of fun. I hope to take it to some shows next year and im still keen on trying to organise a stampe fly in, both for the guys local to me and for everyone else dotted around the place.

A clubmate of mine had a Precedent Stampe fitted with an OS120 FS and built lightly, it was capable of superbly realistic scale aeros - I remember seeing him flying it in the distance at Old Warden after one of the Schools' Days as I walked out of the restaurant and I had to look at least twice to check it wasn't the real thing.