Who has what engine in their Precedent Stampes

bert baker

Hi to all Precedent Stampe owners,

Over the years I have had numerous Stampes From Precedent and one Svenson.

I have tried OS 120 four stroke standard and pumped, Various Saito 120's,Lasers all 150's and finally my current one has a old Zenoah G38 on mag,

One of my mate is currently using a DLE 30 on his,

I have noticed Slec's new kit is being rated as Zenoah 38.

I have been running in a NGH 38 in another airframe with a view to try it in the Stampe

So who has what combination

Posted by Gordon Whitehead 1 on 04/12/2017 13:28:30:
Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 04/12/2017 10:44:58:

About 6700 on mine but the prop im using is like a railway sleeper and not very efficient. I would normally expect 7k when using a 20x6 on our 180.

Is that your 180 petrol prototype Jon? If so, almost up with the OS GF40 and my Saito FG-36 petrols.

Gordon

Yes thats the petrol. Its a tiny bit faster than the glow in actual fact when you use a big prop.

As for the webra geared motor, my Dad has one at home.

Oh and for weight my stampe is 14lbs dead on the nose if i remember rightly. I will weigh it again next time i fly it.

Posted by Scott Notman on 04/12/2017 18:12:05:

Hi All

Firstly thanks to Bert for starting this one as I have just got a Stampe kit from Slec.

I was thinking of a Saito FG 30 but now I see this could be a little small so now thinking of the FG 40.

cheers

Scott

The 30 will be more than enough. My Laser is 29cc and I take off at only half throttle. Even then its too fast for scale. Anything 20-30cc is more than adequate and you certainly don't need more. Its not a pitts after all