IDENTIFICATION please

McG 6969

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to identify this 'aeroplane', but it's the only picture I found on a Russian site for 'strange vehicles' without any legend nor comment.

I've been trying to find some info by googling the reg # 757H - also trying 757N and the 737 alternatives - without any result.

000_bizarre_strange.jpg

The picture being of relatively poor quality, I can't even figure out if it is a RC model or some kind of full-size home build...

Anyhow, with this 'look' - where ugliness and cuteness become close neighbours - I think this subject could become a very next project for Tim Hooper or Max Z... wink

Information fully welcomed, gents.

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 20/12/2017 11:05:21

Advert

Thank you, gents.

Yes Peter, I had the same problem with trying to find out if it's a model or a full-size.

At least one can be pretty sure your's is a model, KiwiKid. wink

It seems to have no ailerons control? Maybe a pulley/cables for wing warping?

It carries reg # 757N, so could be a corresponding small model.

For sure the front wheel is 'absent' or 'lost'...

Going on with the research.

Cheers

Chris

Hi All, maybe have a look at this - its a PSS Macon video, flip to around 2 mins to see the model (its colour scheme is all blue)- the model is then launched a few seconds later. Its very similar in planform to the pictures above. It is identified on its fin by - the words: Focke Wulf not sure if this is it's genuine heritage but may help to feed in to identification... Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8IaCf5nZb0

You're simply 'imperial', KiwiKid.

I don't possess aeronautical history knowledge enough, but I guess only the crazy Granville Brothers could have been building that 'thing' called the Ascender. Some pretend it was also ironically called the 'Ass-Ender'.

Apparently they built it with the remains of an Aeronca C-2, enlarging the wingspan and using the Aeronca twin engine.

Only one example was produced with its maiden on December 1st, 1931 and fatal spin on January 1st, 1932... that's a very short lifespan... sad

Well, let's wait for some designer to drawn us a nice very detailed plan now. Around 50 - 60" would be perfect, me thinks... cool

Don't worry about those pals at the field, KC. They would be just plain envious...  angel

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 20/12/2017 14:54:26

It's all in the eye of the beholder, Andy.

As I wrote in my OP, "where ugliness and cuteness become close neighbours"...

I'm still not 'out' of it myself really, so just think "about it more". yes

It certainly isn't a Spitfire, a Fantome or a Hawker Fury, but I must admit it has 'something'. indecision

Let's hope Tim or Max can please us with one of their great drawing... angel

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Gary Manuel on 20/12/2017 18:37:35:

It would look great in Dick Dastardly livery.

Very probably, Gary. But I presume that very thin mustache should not be easy to duplicate... frown

Agreed, the quality isn't like a 4K session, Chris.

But in some shots, the Ascender really is giving the impression that it's flying 'backwards'. Thanks for the link.

Cheers

Chris

• 3 weeks later...